X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac Snakehead Tourament 2&3 June 2012 information

http://potomacsnakehead.com/
    TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
    Open to Hook and line and Bow Fishing. Participants can fish anywhere on the tidal Potomac in Maryland and/or Virginia.
    The tournament is open to anyone with a valid Maryland or Virginia Fishing license.
    According to rule #11 there can be kayak fishing teams for this event:
    11. Size of Teams: Teams are limited to no more than 6 participants. Canoes and kayaks may form teams as long as they do not exceed 6 members per team. Registration will be organized according to the Team Captain’s name.
    A percentage of the tournament profits will be donated to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources to help fight invasive species in the Potomac River watershed.
    CASH AND PRIZES
    Heaviest Fish and Overall Total Weight
    All participants must read and agree to the Tournament Rules and Regulations and sign the Liability Release.
    TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEE
    $50.00 per person for advanced on-line registration on or before June 1, 2012 (SAVE $10!)
    $60.00 for walk-up registration on June 2, 2012, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. (Cash Only)
    Smallwood State Park 2750 Sweden Point Road Marbury, Maryland 20658
    GUEST SPEAKERS
    Joseph W. Love, Ph.D. Tidal Bass Manager, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
    Joshua J. Newhard, Fisheries Biologist, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
    Steve Vilnit, Fisheries Marketing Director, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
    GUEST CHEF
    Chad Wells, Executive Chef, Alewife, Baltimore, MD
    Chef Wells is an avid angler and has been known for his creative utilization of Snakeheads to help educate the dining audience on its great flavor. He believes that eating Snakeheads is a commercially viable plan to fight this invasive species. Chef Wells will prepare a tasting for our tournament participants, so don’t miss this awesome treat!
    TOURNAMENT GOALS
    The team at Whackfactor Outdoors created the Potomac Snakehead Tournament to achieve the following goals:
    ■Promote the sport fishing of snakeheads to reduce the population of these fish in the Potomac and its tributaries.
    ■Raise public awareness of snakeheads as a high quality, commercially viable, food source.
    ■Support the Maryland Department of Natural Resources in its efforts to combat invasive species throughout the Potomac River watershed.
    Attached Files
    US Army (Retired)

Hobie Pro Angler 14 & Outback

hmmm I think I might enter this
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

As part of a team?
      US Army (Retired)

Hobie Pro Angler 14 & Outback

Comment

Either way...makes me no difference.
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Wish I was going to be around for this...
          www.anglerswithoutborders.com
          Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Working...
          X