New on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on board

Hello all, new member here. I am not new to fishing but just bought a yak this spring and have been loving it so far.

I primarily fish on the potomac and Rocky gorge from yak or boat. I usually do good on the Pmac but you could say fishing and not catching pretty much sums up most of my time at the gorge.

I just found this site searching the internet for info on RG and it seems there are some members who fish it often. I really want to crack this place open because it is real nice and easy for me to get to. I can get down on some crappie in the gorge for sure, but the bass are eluding me for the most part.

I'll be out there on thursday and will be sure to post the report.

~tightlines

Welcome aboard! There is a great group of Anglers here. What kind of yak did you buy?

Comment

Welcome to MKF!

Did you get a Revolution?
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Welcome to the site.
        2012 Hobie Revo 13'
        2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Welcome!
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I recognize your SN from Pier&Surf, I think we've exchanged some thoughts on the gorge on there. I have not gotten my kayak on the gorge yet, but hopefully will sometime this summer.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Welcome! I picked up my permit for the gorge and tridelphia this year but have only made it out once so far. Plan on spending more time there as the year progresses.

Chimo

Comment

Welcome!

What style yak did you get?

Comment

Welcome

Triadelphia and Rocky Gorge are tough!!!!!!!!! Get used to the skunks. Any fish caught at those reservoirs are an accomplishment. In the summer I think you need to fish deep. If they are spawning now, you can find bass tight to shore, but after that they go deep.

Maybe as a collective group we can figure out how to reliably catch bass at those reservoirs? I've got my game plan for the year and I will post how the results end up.

I live a mile from Brighton Dam and will be fishing Browns Bridge on Saturday morning if it's not raining too hard.

Comment

Hey all. I went with the ascend fs10 sit in from bass pro. I didnt wanna go all out on my first yak and it is easy enough to just tie down in the bed of my truck. Kinda wishin I got the 12 footer for a little easier paddle but it works fine.

Shady, I recognize you from P&S too.

My luck at the gorge has been mostly around the 29 bridge and the big cove on the left on the way to the bridge from scotts cove. Most of my fish have come off wood. I have to say they are few and far between so I usually get frustrated and start crappie fishing. I really wish it fished better cuz it is such a nice place.

Comment

Working...
                    X