Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leesylvania State Park This Weekend (Again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leesylvania State Park This Weekend (Again)

Heading to Leesylvania this weekend again on Saturday if anyone is interested. I'm going to try to get there early around 6-6:30am. Most likely if you come out a little while after me I'll only be 100 meters from the launch or closer. I have an area I want to work pretty hard and see just how many snakeheads are actually there. I have a feeling it's a lot more than I think!
    www.anglerswithoutborders.com
    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Can't make it this weekend, but would like to catch one. When is the next time you're going there after Sunday? I'd like a guide to show me where to fish.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Can I talk you into Pohick? Much closer for me...

Comment

John, I could be persuaded into fishing Pohick instead. I don't think it will be as productive but it should be, so I have no real argument against it.

Tufnik- I'm sure if I don't go out of town I'll be out there the next weekend (the weekend of the 28th) . The tides will be better for fishing Leesylvania that weekend anyways.
        Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

I'm up for it. High tide is 0830...

Comment

As back-up I may go to Lee on Sat, depending on wx. Kanvery, do you fish along the shore on the south side of the RR? As I recall, the launch is down a short dirt slope. A jogging trail goes by that area. Do you also fish on that side of the shore up to the RR? I think both sides have lots of weed cover.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Tufnik- You've got the area right. I stay on the launch side of the channel and fish the grass just in front all the way to the railroad bridge. The key if you go on Saturday since the tide will be coming in, is going to be to get there early. I'd fish the grass for a couple hours or until the bite slows down (if it slows down) then head to then head underneath the railroad bridge and take a left. There is a man made bird nest thing. I would head there then turn towards the bridge and fish the current as it sweeps around that corner. Then bang around the shoreline with flukes or worms. Work your way into the lillies and swith from worm to frog often. Then I would head back out and hit the grass flats again. With any luck it will be partly cloudy all day and you'll never have to leave the grass. But after a loop of that back section by the time you get back out the clouds should be rolling in and the tide should be almost perfect. You'll see, when the tides is going out that grass turns into an all day ambush zone.
              Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Kanvery - Meado and I might be down. We want to live line some bluegills though.
                Hobie Outback
                WS Tarpon
                IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Sounds good to me we'll be at the launch at Pohick at 6:30am. I'm sure catching bluegill wont be hard and there's plenty of places to liveline them around there. Are you livelining for catfish or snakeheads?
                  Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Working...
                  X