Saturday 4/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 4/28

Anyone looking to get out next weekend?? I have a full weekend off from both jobs. A rarity indeed. I'm thinking about perhaps the Bay launching at Sandy Point or maybe on the east side of the bridge somewhere. Mattapeake sounds like a nice option as well... Also considering Herring Bay since I won't make the M&G and want to fish that area sometime soon.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

I can't believe that nobody wants to hit the bay next weekend. If its the bay thats the issue, I'm open to other locations... Severn, Herring Bay...
    Tom Brown
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

After fishing and hunting all weekend, I used up my kitchen pass for next weekend too...
      I might be able to sneak out for some trout on saturday morning for a couple of hours, but thats about it...
      Im sure others will be up for yakfishing the bay...
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

For me it all depends on how the week goes!
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Got to travel this week to Atlanta, GA- might be able to fish Friday but not the weekend-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I've got a May 1 deadline for a huge project... it may go down to the wire.... I hope I can get out next weekend, and if I can, I'd love to hit the BB with you or anywhere else for that matter... I won't know until Friday night though.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Im scheduled for some boat fishing for trophy stripers on Saturday
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                Im scheduled for some boat fishing for trophy stripers on Saturday
                Seems like that's the only way to get cows, cuz you RARELY can get'em via the yak.

Depending on my schedule, may try the BB this weekend for some non-cows. Other options are Chicoteague or Fisherman's Island for flounder or drum.
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  Seems like that's the only way to get cows, cuz you RARELY can get'em via the yak.

Depending on my schedule, may try the BB this weekend for some non-cows. Other options are Chicoteague or Fisherman's Island for flounder or drum.

Yeah, the Jamboree was the last cow I saw caught from a yak. I'm actually ok with that, seeing as though the big fish taste HORRIBLE IMO. Last year I caught a 41 incher with the captain I'm going out with on Saturday. When I went to cook it, after removing is from the vacuum packaging, I threw it right in the trash...smelled all fishy. The smaller (sub 28") is the way to go. 18 is good for me. barely legal...just like I like em. LMAO!!

Cows are good for pullage and bragging rights though...not that I've ever had any success in catching any from the yak or anything

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                    Yeah, the Jamboree was the last cow I saw caught from a yak. I'm actually ok with that, seeing as though the big fish taste HORRIBLE IMO. Last year I caught a 41 incher with the captain I'm going out with on Saturday. When I went to cook it, after removing is from the vacuum packaging, I threw it right in the trash...smelled all fishy. The smaller (sub 28") is the way to go. 18 is good for me. barely legal...just like I like em. LMAO!!

Cows are good for pullage and bragging rights though...not that I've ever had any success in catching any from the yak or anything

"18" is good for you, ...stay thirsty my friend. LOL

Comment

LOL...that didnt take long

Comment

I would be interested in hitting the bay. Im in salisbury So east side of the Bridge would work for me. OR Im thinking about hitting the Deale Island area, more of a hike for you I know.
                        -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
                        -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

With the weather report not looking too good, I'm probably going to west marine and see Dogfish's seminar. I may take the Yak with me and weather permiting, hit the bay at either Sandy Point SP or Mattapeake. See yall at the Seminar...
                          Tom Brown
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Tom, I'm all jammed up this weekend so no fishing for me either.
                            Hobie PA 12

Comment

Mediyaker, a buddy and I might be free on the 5th. The tide is like 5AM and 5PM. What time are you fishing and where?
                              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
                              X