First ever kayak video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ever kayak video

First video using a playsport - homemade mount - didn't test before I went so the angle isn't the best. Getting a $12 fisheye lens this week to help with a wider shot, and will alter the pvc mount for a better shot/view. Threw it into iMovie on the mac, kind of cheesy, looking into using final cut express...

Criticism is much appreciated

Thanks

Justin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW0QjCbvxQU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW0QjCbvxQU[/ame]
    Last edited by camelbird; 04-23-2012, 11:20 AM.

Nice vid! Looks like a great day on the water!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

i've been playing around making vid's and i was going to be critical - but i think you did a really nice job with it!

enjoyable piece of music too. my only criticism - consider giving credit to the artist.

well-rounded catching too - congrats all around!!

Comment

That's a great video!

You got some really scenic shots in there and the post-production is on point. I found the music a little too gentle for the hurting you were putting on those fish though!

A fisheye will definitely help. Most cameras have too narrow an angle to capture most of the action when mounted behind the seat. I've found that the GoPro has a wide enough angle to be mounted just behind the seat and still get most of the cockpit. A fisheye on your existing camera should work well.
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Great job Camelbird. Made me feel like I was there with you.

er, I hope you have a bigger net if you ever fish in the Ches. bay.
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Excellent work! I would suggest adjusting the camera to point a little more downward, but you already said you were going to work on that. Also. some people like to add weather information.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Awesome!

Great video and looks like a great trip. I wish my fishing trips were that successful. I'm fishing in the wrong locations.

Who knew that walleyes and channel cats like BKDs?

Comment

Nice first go with the video. I might try one soon.....well I need to mount my camera first
                '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
                '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
                Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

Southerly - I should have known giving credit to the musician as i've been playing for about 16 years - Tommy Emmanuel is a guitar genius...

Chex - Just got the fisheye in today... it is pretty sweet.. next video I may mix in some hard rock... a tautog soundtrack will be the heavy stuff for sure

Ryan - Good idea adding weather information

Thanks again for the feedback!!

Justin

Comment

Good quality video- clear, in focus...only nitpicking to say it might have been a little better if the camera angle showed more of you and the cockpit area...but overall a very nice video-
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

hope you kept the walleye! Super tasty!
                      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Nice vid, Justin. That was a cool mix of species.

I was going to guess that the music was by Stephen Bennett, who often does concerts with Tommy Emmanuel. They used to play at the local library when I lived in Williamsburg, VA, and my wife and I got to see them several times.
                        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                          Nice vid, Justin. That was a cool mix of species.

I was going to guess that the music was by Stephen Bennett, who often does concerts with Tommy Emmanuel. They used to play at the local library when I lived in Williamsburg, VA, and my wife and I got to see them several times.
                          Stephen Bennett plays a mean guitar, I could definitely see the two jamming together.

Thanks again for the props on the vid - just got a cheap fisheye lens that opens the shot WAY up, hoping to document some top water snakeheads this year

Comment

Working...
                          X