Fishing Landmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Landmark

This morning I reached a fishing landmark for the second year in a row. Today was my 200th day of fishing in 2021. I reached the 200-day threshold four days earlier than I did in 2020. Last year I finished with 208 fishing days. Weather and wind will determine if I can do better than that in 2021. So far, 185 of those trips were made in kayaks.

I fished in a tidal pond and caught 6 pickerel in two hours of fishing. Most leaves fell several weeks ago, but lots of oak leaves were dropping today and covering the water surface, making casting and retrieving tough in some spots.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Congratulations on reaching 200 trips this year, John. I am not certain if I have been fishing much more than 200 times total in the the last 30 years. Next year, I plan to create a system to track trips, catches, etc. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us John. Watching you work the shoreline the other day was eye opening.

Comment

Originally posted by UnkleRob2020 View Post
      Next year, I plan to create a system to track trips, catches, etc. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us John.
      Rob - At the end of December, I will make a post describing the simple Excel spreadsheet I have used for 2021 to track my fishing trips, which species I caught, and how many fish of each species were caught on each day. If an angler is diligent about filling in the results after each trip (1 to 2 mins per day), they will have an amazing data resource available as time goes on.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That's really neat getting out and fishing that often John. No wonder you catch so many fish and are so knowledgeable. Keep it up, I really enjoy your fishing reports!

Comment

Working...
        X