Slow loading speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow loading speed

Ever since the new version of Snaggedline was launched, I have experienced noticeably slower speeds to load a new page or return to the previous page when hitting the back arrow. I am curious to learn if other users have experienced this situation too. If not, perhaps someone can suggest how I can make Snaggedline operate at a speed comparable to other websites on my computer. Thanks in advance.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

I've noticed the same thing John.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

That's also my experience.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Redfish12 Any ideas?
          Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo

Comment

I rarely look at Snaggedline on my phone. I primarily visit the site using Chrome on my laptop. I don't know if there are differences in how the site is conveyed through phones and computers.
            John Veil
            Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Well since I just upgraded to an 8core Pentium I7, faster video card & 32GB of faster ram ....Nope pops up pretty darn fast,

Comment

What browser are you all using?
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I am using Chrome on my laptop with a pretty fast processor and lots of memory. I did a test by connecting with Microsoft Edge and found it to be very slow there too. Both browsers took over 5 seconds to load each new Snaggedline page or view. By comparison, another fishing site loaded in less than 1 second.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                    What browser are you all using?
                    I'm using up-to-date Firefox
                    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo

Comment

I have noticed the slower loading speeds ever since the switch. I do not think it has anything to do with the laptop, desktop, phone or tablet that i am using nor do I think it is related to the browser, processor or RAM. My work desktop is designed for heavy CAD and Revit use, my home laptop is five years old and very mediocre...they both take the same amount of time to load the page.

I suspect that this is related to the new server and perhaps a tiny bit could be attributed to the tweaks to the platform.

After being without this forum for a little while, I am happy to wait a few seconds for a page to load.

Comment

Is anyone having an issue searching old posts? or is it just me

ps. I already let Redfish12 know.
                        Jay

2022 Hobie Lynx - Dune

Comment

Working...
                        X