Anyone fishing the Flats tomorrow? 04/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fishing the Flats tomorrow? 04/25

Looks like the wind and my work schedule are going to cooperate and I am going to try to fish the flats tomorrow morning. Anyone else going to be out? I will likely be on the water around 9AM or earlier.
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

I too am looking at tomorrow (Wednesday) for a Flats trip. I'll be in a 16' green Oldtown canoe with trolling motor on the side. The wind might be an issue with a canoe but I'll probably go. I'll be launching at Perryville Community Park around 8:00am. So look out for me. I don't cover nearly as much ground as kayakers do.

This cold front has me a little concerned though. Spring cold waves can really turn off the fishing.

Howard
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Ok I will be on the look out for you. I will be in a 10 ft green yak. Hoping to be out on the water around 9am or so. Will likely launch from Tydings Park
      Mike

Comment

Was out on the jetty this morning on the north side of the flats, water looked pretty clean considering how much rain we got.

Comment

Dang... the 8:00pm update of NOAA's wind prediction for tomorrow just tanked bigtime... 10-15 gusts to 20mph. Unless that prediction drops back to 5-10mph I'm not going... too much wind for a canoe. Good luck if anyone else goes.
          Howard

Comment

MI327 - Wind or no wind, I decided to go to the Flats anyway... and I'm very glad I did. Wind chased me off early. I just pulled into the house. Full report will follow. Howard
            Howard

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post
              MI327 - Wind or no wind, I decided to go to the Flats anyway... and I'm very glad I did. Wind chased me off early. I just pulled into the house. Full report will follow. Howard
              HJS I was out there as well. I thought I saw a canoe fishing up towards the mouth of the river was that you? I was more towards Tydings park and further out into the bay. Was glad I went too the Stripers were hitting. The wind chased me off early as well, made the paddle in pretty fun since the chop and wind were hitting me from the side.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mi327 View Post
                HJS I was out there as well. I thought I saw a canoe fishing up towards the mouth of the river was that you? I was more towards Tydings park and further out into the bay. Was glad I went too the Stripers were hitting. The wind chased me off early as well, made the paddle in pretty fun since the chop and wind were hitting me from the side.
                I can't judge distances on the water. I was fishing the northern fringe of the fleet located about 1/2+ mile due south of Havre de Grace. I was far enough south that I couldn't discern cars at Havre de Grace. There was a smaller fleet of boats in what I think was the channel due south of Havre de Grace, but I didn't get that far west before the wind started.
                Howard

Comment

Working...
                X