Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shad?

Any word yet?
    As of today the Potomac at Fletcher's looks like it is down a bit, just below the 5 foot mark.
    The Susky is still running a bit high. It is right at 16 feet at the Dam, marginal.

I know some folks had luck at Fletcher’s today. I had planned to fish there today, but decided to wait for better conditions.
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

The hickory shad bite was pretty good at Fletchers last night. I managed to catch around 30 of them in under 2 hours of fishing, with the biggest going a full 20 inches! The water has come down below 5 feet, but is still pretty high and a bit murky with maybe a foot of visibility. We were getting them pretty close to the bank as a result, with many bites coming within 10-20 feet of the bank. All my fish came on black shad darts, although any dart with a bit of black on the head should work. We will probably have the best hickory shad fishing of the year over the next week or so as the river gradually clears up.
      - Cliff

Hobie Compass
      Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Occoquan is full of them

Comment

Originally posted by CaptCHawk View Post
          Occoquan is full of them
          Caught 70 last Friday, 78 on Wednesday and 91 today from a boat. Lots of kayaks there as well.

Comment

Working...
          X