Donating rods & reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating rods & reels

I have a few rods and reels of various sizes and actions that I no longer use and that I don't think are worth the effort to try and sell. I'd like to donate them so kids or people who don't have gear of their own can use them. Does anyone know of any local organizations that accept these types of donations?

I contacted CCAMD to see if they accept donations. I called a local library that loans fishing equipment but they don't accept donations, I guess the gear is provided by DNR.
    Last edited by dsaavedra; 05-17-2022, 11:05 AM.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

I have a friend that works for DOEE, and runs a lot of kids/community fishing events for them. I'll ask him if they take donations.
    - Cliff

Hobie Compass
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Dave - The Wish-A-Fish organization collects donated fishing tackle and sells it at flea markets during the winter. The proceeds help to support their efforts to take special needs children fishing for a day. Skip Zinck is the coordinator. I can get you in touch if you are interested.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Check on facebook for a local group that lets you post stuff you want to give away. I know my area has several. In the past year I posted up probably 6 old rods that were perfect for kids. I changed out the line and lubed the reels.

Comment

What about Heros on the Water? I don't know if they would accept those donations.
          2016 Old Town Predator 13 Urban Camo

Comment

I keep some of my old unused rods around for when non-fishing relative/friends want me to take them fishing. You know, the kind who, without fail, will find the nastiest mud around and proceed to dunk your rod/reel in it.
            "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
            Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
            X