kayak motor and registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayak motor and registration

I just put a motor on my kayak and was told that I needed to now have it registered. does anyone understand the process if so can you please explain thank you

https://dnr.maryland.gov/boating/pag...istration.aspx
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Myrodandreel View Post
      I just put a motor on my kayak and was told that I needed to now have it registered. does anyone understand the process if so can you please explain thank you
      Registering motorized kayak in MD

look up that thread from a couple months ago and you will see all you need for registering in Maryland.

ted

Comment

In the manual that came with your yak you will find a Manufacturers Certificate of Origin. Take it to a MVA/DNR registration office and they will help you register it. It is free since a trolling motor is under 7.5 HP.
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
          In the manual that came with your yak you will find a Manufacturers Certificate of Origin. Take it to a MVA/DNR registration office and they will help you register it. It is free since a trolling motor is under 7.5 HP.
          It isn't free.... the initial taxes and title fees have to be paid. Then it becomes No Fee registrations for years after

Comment

I registered mine a few years ago and it was used so they used a value of $100 to determine the tax. I don't recall exactly but I don't think it cost me more than $20 to title it.
            John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
            MK Endura Max 55 backup power
            Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

It's 5% excise tax of the purchase price based on the bill of sale plus $2.00 title fee. I've registered 4 kayaks over the past few years

Comment

Working...
              X