Manufacturing the plastic used in kayaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manufacturing the plastic used in kayaks

This afternoon, I ran across a video shot at Mosaic Color & Additives, a leading manufacturer of the plastic polyethylene resins used to make rotomolded kayaks. The video is about 40 minutes long and gets technical at times. But I found it to be interesting. If you want to view it, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFaQRg907fY.

In 2014, I visited Native Watercraft's factory in North Carolina to pick up a new kayak. While I was there, I was given a tour of the factory, which I found fascinating. After returning home, I posted a summary of the process in Snaggedline. Sadly, I am unable to find that post using the Search features. I suspect that the post was lost during the updating of the site in recent years. If any of you would like to see a written version of the factory tour, you can send me your email address.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

John, here's your original thread:

https://snaggedline.com/forum/snagge...native-factory

It looks fascinating indeed, I'll check the video out when I have time.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Thanks Dave. I will have to play around more with the Search feature. It is not as easy as the previous version was.
      John Veil
      Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        Thanks Dave. I will have to play around more with the Search feature. It is not as easy as the previous version was.
        I think the search feature on this site is unable to find posts from before the major update. I found your old post by searching on Google "site:snaggedline.com Native watercraft factory 2014". It's a useful workaround for the limited search functionality on this site.
        Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
        2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

That is an excellent work-around tip for finding old posts.
          John Veil
          Annapolis

Comment

Excellent work around. I will have to remember that one.
            MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
            2016 Hobie Outback LE
            Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
            https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Working...
            X