Fishing Kent Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Kent Island

Planning on fishing Kent Island tomorrow (Friday) morning. Considering goodhands, jackson creek. or little creek. If anyone might like to join me you are most welcome. Also, have not been out for a while so any tips or advice would be welcomed.

Good luck out there today. Post a report when you get back
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Nick (Shoobs) and I fished with tarponguy this morning at two of the QA County launch spots. Fishing was slow at both locations. We each caught a few stripers (I got one at 21", but the rest were smaller) and 1 large perch. I hooked something else that did not shake much as I wound it in. Before it got to the kayak, it dropped off. I got a glimpse of a small rounded brown object -- probably a terrapin whose shell got snagged by the jighead. I'm glad the terrapin was not harmed but would have liked to get a better look at that near-catch.

The winds were low with calm seas, but the tides were not moving much. I suspect that contributed to the slow bite. There were recreational crabbers with trot lines all over, including in some areas where I like to do shallow water trolling. I suspect their engine noise disrupted the fishing somewhat.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
      X