Eastern shore fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern shore fishing

Launched at Jackson Cteek at 7am Friday morning but was unsuccessful so after about an hour I moved to Cabin Creek and fished there until about 2pm. Caught some schoolies early on and then hooked a large rockfish who I lost at the yak. He put up quite a fight. A little later I landed a 19 inch rockfish and took him home for dinner. Caught everything on paddle tails in shallow water along the shoreline. It was a great day on the water.

Glad you had a successful outing. The striper bite should pick up as the water cools.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nicer quality fish are definitely moving into shallower water right now. Sounds like you had a good day.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Timely report... I was just thinking the other day that it might be about time to revisit those QA Co. launches now that the water is cooling off. Nice work
        Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
        2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
        X