Do you share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you share?

I wanted to post this here because this pertains to both fresh and salt water.

Do you share patterns with strangers? If you are out on the water, and you are having a killer day...will you share? Not necessarily give them the fly but tell them what is working, maybe even how.

The way Ive always looked at is that we are all sharing a resource. These arent my fish to catch, or your fish to catch. Its something we all have a right to. That being said, I have no issue sharing intel.
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Absolutely. I do it all the time.

Most of us have VHF radios so we are able to speak to each other while we are kayak fishing. We share what lures or flies are working, at what depth and where -- such as close to shore, or x number of yards from shore, near other structure, in shade, etc. If someone doesn't have a particularly effective lure or fly, I will share mine. Likewise, I will use what my friends offer me if I don't have what is working for them. That 's one reason, I like to fish with others. I enjoy the camaraderie of being with them and it's safer too.

As nhunter344 stated above, the fish are there to share. At this point in my fishing life, I am not concerned about how many fish I catch. Obviously, I want to catch some or I wouldn't go through the effort of fishing. But I'm equally glad when others with me catch fish. If nothing else, their success tells me fish are present and I have a chance to catch them too. So yes, it's good share which lures, flies and techniques are effective on a given trip. Fortunately, those I commonly fish with feel the same way.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
      X