Best ultralight spinning reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best ultralight spinning reel

I'm looking for an ultralight spinning reel, mostly for panfish. What is everyone using out there? Any input would be really helpful.

What is your budget? Just about any spinning reel in a 500 to 1000 size from a reputable brand will work well on an ultralight rod for panfish. I have several from Shimano and Okuma that work well for me, ranging from $30 to $80.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Yep, what he said....no need to break the bank...my favorites are shimanos...30$ maybe $40. Heck, a zebco combo is hard to beat for panfish (Amazon for $20).
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

I replaced some 10 year old worn out cheapo flea market Daiwa Perch reels (bail return spring gave out)\, with two Kastking 500 series reels from Amazon, about $25.00 each. They seem well engineered. I only got to use them one time before health issues limited my fishing this year.

They aren't as smooth as my old Shimano's but they seem to be giving me some bang for the buck. After I destroyed a Shimano Stella 1000 by falling on it, I decided that I wasn't gonna spend that kind of money for a reel, anymore.

Now, I hope to be able to feel well enough to get and use them!

Comment

Working...
        X