Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Triton Nature Park Good News

Hello all,

Good news: Beverly Triton Nature Park south of Annapolis in Mayo MD partially re-opened at the end of 2022. The big parking lot, pavilion, tot lot playground and fishing pier onto Big Pond are done. The restrooms and kayak launch are still under construction. The beach and hiking trails are open. A sign in the parking lot says construction should be done by April 2023.

Beverly Triton Nature Park website: https://www.aacounty.org/departments...everly-triton/

It's beautiful. Go for a hike while we're waiting for the kayak launch to open.

Lisa

I assume we can still launch a kayak right from the beach like the old days, while they are continuing constructing the kayak launch?
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Dave -

You should probably check with the county before trying to launch there. If you visit the link in the original post, you will see this language:

"Construction Update

As of December 22, 2022, Beverly Triton Nature Park will be partially open to the public. The parking lot, pavilion, tot lot, and trails will be open for public use. The car top launch and restrooms are still under construction. Port a pots are available for public use. Please follow signs and avoid areas that are marked closed or under construction. No fees will be charged. Open 7 a.m. until Sunset."
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I emailed the county and never heard back, which is odd - usually they are responsive.

So yesterday I drove to Beverly Triton to see the improvements and if I could launch there. The access road that goes down to the beach is completely closed off for construction of the cartop launch, bath house, and other facilities. There is beach access via the "Heritage trail" through the woods but that's far longer than I care to cart my kayak.

So I won't be using Beverly Triton until construction is complete in April.
        Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
        2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
        X