Hobie Outback upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie Outback upgrade?

I am thinking of moving on from my 2015 Outback to a recent model. My 2015 is a beast and I absolutely love it, but I'm intrigued by the various Mirage drive updates in the newer models. Putting aside the differences in the Mirage drive, do people love their new style Outback hulls? I'm especially interested in hearing from those who previously had the old style hull and whether they are now having buyers remorse. Has anyone experienced any problems or issues with the new hull design that did not exist with the old design?
    Golden Papaya Outback

I had a 2015 hull and have used my buddy's 2020 hull a few times. I love the layout of the newer hulls, but didn't like the ride compared to my 2015 hull. I only used the 2020 hull four times though. YMMV
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

I have never used an older Outback but I absolutely love the 2021 model that I have. The layout of the cockpit is great - plenty of places to stash tools and lures so they are out of the way but still within quick reach. The transducer mount and thru-hull wiring for fish finder installation are great features. I think there is plenty of storage space in the rear cargo well in addition to the front hatch and middle hatch. I don't have any complaints about the way it handles but I don't have any other Outbacks to compare it to. The kick-up fins and kick-up rudder are worth their weight in gold... I have put them to good use in shallow water haha.

If I had to choose one thing that could use some improvement it would be the seat. It's not uncomfortable by any stretch, I frequently do full 6-8hr days on the water in the seat, but I think I expected a little more from it.
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
      X