pickup truck bed size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeebyrd View Post
    I would love to have a pinball machine but with all the hobbies I have I fear it would go well beyond one machine.
    I encourage you to get a pinball machine. You will really enjoy it and enjoy playing it with other people. Then you will want a second and a third and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post

I encourage you to get a pinball machine. You will really enjoy it and enjoy playing it with other people. Then you will want a second and a third and so on.
      Im not a collector, but my father had many friends who collected various things; pinball machines, slot machines, jukeboxes, etc. All I can say is that they have very understanding wives!
      "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
      Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

My modest arcade. We need Gliebig to post all of his awesome machines.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

You have a nice collection there. The addiction is strong.
          Native Slayer 12
          Native Ultimate

Comment

Hello fellow pinhead!!!!! The Venn diagram is strong. I love the fact you've got a collection spanning the EM and SS era! My collection spans from '76 (Royal Flush) to '95 (Johnny Mnemonic)! Sorry to derail the thread, but the 2/3 length to bed ratio is (IMO) a very valid measure.

KIMG1393.jpg
            Tight lines
            Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
            Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
            Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
            Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Johnny is such a smooth shooter. Callouts are great too.
              Native Slayer 12
              Native Ultimate

Comment

Here's a few...
                This gallery has 10 photos.
                Native Slayer 12
                Native Ultimate

Comment

gliebig! What a great setup! I love the black light arcade carpeting! Please let me know if you ever get tired of your Stars, Jacks Open, or TNA!!!

Comment

Hi Guys - I also want a pickup for transporting my Hobie however a second vehicle at this time wasn't feasible so I got this Malone Eco Light single trailer this winter. I looked at the Yakima and decided to go with this cheaper option. Only have one trip but so far so good - it definitely beats car topping on my Acura RDX and will get me out the door with less effort. I ordered it from Ourland Outdoors because they gave a 10% discount as a new customer. Customer service was good, the trailer arrived in a few days in about 4 boxes, and the bill of sale was fed exed a few days after that.

Assembly wasn't too bad for a hack like me - I spent hours on the electrical - only to find it was the wiring from the car that was faulty and that was an easy fix. I also spent a few extra dollars to get it registered by one of those private shops and avoided DMV. However - I also understand why a lot of guys register their trailers in Maine $$.
                    This video was helpful:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkBMpWK6rkA&t=33s

Nick
                    2021 Hobie Outback

Comment

This site is always great. I just came to look up what people are doing to haul their big boats in little truck beds and came across this thread. Here is my new Gladiator with its 5’ bed and my Big Tuna at 14’2”. I think I may need to give it up and use my trailer again. I clearly didn’t think kayak things through when I bought the truck

I’ll also add a pic of my original 1978 Alive! (Elvis with Tom Jones hair to avoid a lawsuit from Elvis’ estate) pinball machine so I can fit in . Unfortunately, it recently gave up the ghost and isn’t playable anymore.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I haul with a gladiator too. My yaks are 10ft, so the shorter bed isn't an issue.

That pin looks like it's in good shape. I bet it's something not too complicated to get it up a running again.
                        20211019_181627.jpg
                        Native Slayer 12
                        Native Ultimate

Comment

Nice! 10’ yaks would certainly be easier in there. I just got back from SW VA and found some fantastic new places to float and fish. I may sell the Big Tuna and get something smaller to be able to carry it easier. I bought the Big Tuna for its weight capacity before I lost a bunch of weight. I don’t need the weight capacity anymore and hate to not use it because it’s a PITA to haul.

The pinball machine is in perfect shape other than not being playable. I had just changed all of the bulbs and rubbers out before it stopped working. Everything on it was working perfectly, until nothing worked. My wife talked to a restorer about it, and I acted like I knew what I was doing and used Google to research it. Both ways came up with it most likely needing a new “brain” (whatever made it work prior to circuit boards and computers), and those are apparently unobtainable for this machine. I’d love to get it working again if you can pass on any knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
                            Nice! 10’ yaks would certainly be easier in there. I just got back from SW VA and found some fantastic new places to float and fish. I may sell the Big Tuna and get something smaller to be able to carry it easier. I bought the Big Tuna for its weight capacity before I lost a bunch of weight. I don’t need the weight capacity anymore and hate to not use it because it’s a PITA to haul.

The pinball machine is in perfect shape other than not being playable. I had just changed all of the bulbs and rubbers out before it stopped working. Everything on it was working perfectly, until nothing worked. My wife talked to a restorer about it, and I acted like I knew what I was doing and used Google to research it. Both ways came up with it most likely needing a new “brain” (whatever made it work prior to circuit boards and computers), and those are apparently unobtainable for this machine. I’d love to get it working again if you can pass on any knowledge.
                            PM sent
                            Tight lines
                            Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
                            Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
                            Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
                            Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Originally posted by ski357 View Post

PM sent
                              Received and responded,,
                              thanks!

Comment

Ford with an 8' bed (standard size),, ~10' with the tailgate down.
                                Get an 8' bed and don't look back.
                                Captian of the plastic Navy
                                1 - Mad River Canoes
                                1- Tarpon 120
                                1- Redfish 10
                                1- Coosa HD
                                2- Cuda 12
                                1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X