Osprey 1436

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osprey 1436

My new baby. I picked up mine on Tuesday. All I can say is WOW !!! I know I’m hard to please but He does incredible work. This yak is my dream machine. Does @ 7mph with a Torqeedo 1103. Floats in a little over 2”. Incredible stability. I actually bought a second seat to take my Grandkids out. It only weighs 40 lbs stripped and 85 loaded with seat and rails and engine mount So my 72 yr old body can easily load it into my truck. Oh and it has 20‘ of rails that uses mount anywhere t-bolts for your accessories. This allows you to expertly reconfigure the Osprey to your preferences in just a few minutes. I TOTALLY LOVE IT !!!

Those rails are amazing. You can mount accessories any where on the 20’ if rails and run wires through it. Oh and you can mount them anywhere on 3 sides …… on top, outside yak or inside yak. This yak is REALLY heavy duty. It was built by hardcore fishermen for fishermen and put thru the roughest conditions. This yak is the perfect snakehead boat. It easily goes where others can’t go and can be easily pulled over terrain. Oh and it is made in Mt Airy (actually it is assembled) by Innovative Sportsman.

Comment

I'd love to see more pictures of it.

Comment

There are several videos on YouTube/Facebook. They were made by Jeff Little,Chad Hoover, Jake Harshman and Trey Leach. These guys are hard core fishermen that are hard on equipment. They got interested in inflatables about 3 or 4 years ago and quietly tested several to see what they liked and what they didn’t. It took them 3 years to design and test several prototypes until this one. Trey is a craftsman and he does great work. I had him run all the wires, foot steering and the engine mounts. I couldn’t be happier. Oh and Innovative Sportsman is in Mt. Airy so I could pick it up. He also made some DIY clamps and stuff. He is great. Just an FYI ……. I get nothing for promoting it.. I am just excited to get one of the first ones. I’ve been following the development for over a year.

Comment

In some ways it reminds me of a bigger version the Hobie Float Cats, only with a solid floor, and a higher seat.
          And you don't have to have your feet hanging in the water. Lol

Comment

Congratulations.

Appears to be a very functional and comfortable fishing platform.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
              In some ways it reminds me of a bigger version the Hobie Float Cats, only with a solid floor, and a higher seat.
              And you don't have to have your feet hanging in the water. Lol
              I have a Float cat. In fact, I think I bought it from you. The float cat has hard floats, the Osprey is all inflatable including the floor and is 14 ft long so you can walk around.

Comment

Just kidding about the Float Cat.
                The one I sold you had a modified foot rest as I recall, so you didn't have to keep your feet in the water. And it had to be rowed, it wasn't designed for paddling.

I was visualizing have two Float Cats, with a plywood deck connecting them.

What I meant to imply is that this looks like a hybrid between an inflatable pontoon craft and a kayak.
                Love to high seating position, it's why my "kayak" has always been a canoe.

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
                  Just kidding about the Float Cat.
                  The one I sold you had a modified foot rest as I recall, so you didn't have to keep your feet in the water. And it had to be rowed, it wasn't designed for paddling.

I was visualizing have two Float Cats, with a plywood deck connecting them.

What I meant to imply is that this looks like a hybrid between an inflatable pontoon craft and a kayak.
                  Love to high seating position, it's why my "kayak" has always been a canoe.
                  Lol ……. I have a canoe too. The Osprey has a high and low position too. Low is about 3” and the high is about 7”. Yeah 2 float cats with a plywood would weigh a lot. The Osprey weighs 85lbs with yak, seat, rails and engine mount.

Comment

Working...
                  X