Bay Bridge Maintenance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Maintenance?

The DNR newsletter mentioned a proposal to post speed limits of 6 mph in zones under the Bay Bridge as of 2023. The time period was 2023 into 2026. The work was described as repair to the decks. Gotta wonder how this will impact fishing under the bridge. Does anyone know what this is about? This could have a big impact on those who have to cross the Bridge as well. Trailer launch points are essential to me and this could affect traffic to and from the Eastern Shore.

Here is a report that deals mostly with traffic. I guess the question of fishing is another story? https://patch.com/maryland/annapolis...ting-fall-2023

Comment

During the 35 years I have been fishing in the greater Annapolis area, there has always been some type of construction or painting going on at the Bay Bridge. It is hard to imagine that activities occurring many feet up in the air will have an impact on fishing in the bay. As far as the new construction goes, the websites I have seen show that the work will be done at night and will finish by 5:00 am on most days. I often cross the bridge in the morning, but rarely if ever before 5:00 am. For weekly updates on activities at the bridge, see https://baybridge.maryland.gov/.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

The speed limit shouldn't affect the fishing from a kayak very much, but would impact the transit of the bridge area in the North / South direction, and a boundary parallel to the bridge.

It would confine those who like rip under the Bridge at a high rate of knots to a narrow stretch in the mid section.

I compare it to slow down zones on the highway where construction taking place.

Check the maps on the DNR website. My attempts to upload them exceeded the site's limit.

Comment

Thanks JA... The link for the Bay Bridge is great real time information.

Comment

Working...
          X