No announcement yet.

Northward movement of small redfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/8/23 12" puppy drum on Magothy and 9/9/23 another of similar size from Whitehall Creek, both on beetle spins. Firsts of the year.

Comment

It wasn't all that long ago when we were consistently catching redfish along the jetty at Chesapeake Beach Inlet. It wasn't just a random fish here. 10 or so a trip during the season was not uncommon.
      Attached Files
      Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
      Predator 13

Comment

It's fantastic that they're showing up this summer.Thanks for sharing your redfish adventure!

Comment

This morning I caught a 12" speck and a 14" redfish on back-to-back casts in a Severn tributary. Both bit on a white paddletail. I had not caught either species in the Severn since 2020. I
          caught several more small reds during the morning there.

2021-04-11-002.jpg

John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Caught a 14” puppy drum in Oak Creek, off the Miles River, on Sat. Oct. 7, using a small Rapala.

Comment

Caught 2 this evening just as the tide started going out off Holland Point. Didn’t get a measurement on either since they had my lines all tangled up and wanted to get them back in the water but would guess they were in the 12-15” range.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
              X