Do Gulp colors bleed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Gulp colors bleed?

I rarely use Gulp, but I know its very popular in inshore saltwater fishing and many people here probably use it. I'm wondering if the colors bleed when two different colors - say white and chartreuse - are stored in the same jar of "juice"?
    Last edited by dsaavedra; 08-22-2023, 07:14 PM.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

I used to use Gulp then tired of changing the bait every cast since smaller fish like to tear the 'swimming' part of the bait off.

I have a jar that is long overdue for the trash bin which hasnt been opened in 4 or 5 years. The colors of the baits remains unchanged. That being said, I have noticed that the white gulp tends to yellow slightly with age.
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Dave, I’m not an expert but I don’t think you’d have to worry about them bleeding. I put gulp minnows in with my chartreuse mullets and the came out fine. The color will fade though over time. A long time. I’m still using minnows and mullets from at least two years ago that sat in open packaging. In fact I caught big perch today off really old minnows.

Also I believe it’s all in the juice. So to me when it comes to gulp alive, color doesn’t matter. I’ve caught plenty of fish with different color gulps and jig heads.
      Most the time my setup isn’t color coordinated. I tie on whatever jig head I see and hook the first gulp I touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jigsup View Post
        Dave, I’m not an expert but I don’t think you’d have to worry about them bleeding. I put gulp minnows in with my chartreuse mullets and the came out fine. The color will fade though over time. A long time. I’m still using minnows and mullets from at least two years ago that sat in open packaging. In fact I caught big perch today off really old minnows.

Also I believe it’s all in the juice. So to me when it comes to gulp alive, color doesn’t matter. I’ve caught plenty of fish with different color gulps and jig heads.
        Most the time my setup isn’t color coordinated. I tie on whatever jig head I see and hook the first gulp I touch.
        Thanks for the input. I'm planning to buy a good amount of Gulp for a 5-day fishing trip to Virginia's eastern shore and it would be ideal if I could just toss Gulp lures back in a single tub of juice to recharge without worrying about the colors bleeding or transferring. Sounds like this will be the case
        Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
        2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Best wishes! I’ll be looking forward to a report.

Comment

Working...
          X