Just curious.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious.....?

I lurk a lot here, but don't post that often and unfortunately, fish even less. If I can make it out 2/month on my outback, I'm having a great month.

So, even though I can't take advantage of many of the invitations to fish that are extended through this forum, I find it to be the most compelling single element that this site provides. Not only is it more fun to fish with others, but safer as well.

Which got me thinking. What happens, when (as is usually the case for me) something providential occurs (like a cancellation of one of my kid's soccer/basketball/lacrosse/etc. games) that gives me a chance to throw the yak on the SUV and head out. Obviously, I wouldn't have had the time to check here to see if anyone was out or not; and, I certainly wouldn't have had time to tell them that I was coming. So, is there a technology that would allow us to find each other when we're out on the water? I'm dating myself but I remember when almost everyone had CB's in their cars (in the 70's). There were 40 some channels and most of them had no traffic at all.

Is there some similar technology out there that would enable us to call out to anyone else who might be on the same stretch of water?

Yeah ........ a cell phone ......... get as many #'s as you can ........ Radio is only goo if you are in the area ....... essentially within the sight range generally ..... depending on the radio at least .......... with a cell phone you can start calling #'s and find out somebody fishin .......

Comment

I would find reports of people fishing near you and get their contact information. Most of us are creatures of habit and tend to stick to the same water or same species of fish. Decipher which anglers share a common fishing area or species you like and start sending some private messages. Let them know your situation and ask if you could have their numbers. I am sure people on this forum have a similar situation as yourself and can relate to the nature of your problem when trying to plan a fishing trip. Hope this helps.

Cliff
      Cliff Williams
      Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Working...
      X