Whitestone Va

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitestone Va

Anyone fish the White stone Va area? A family trip is coming up in November in that area and I’m thinking about taking the kayak along if worth it. Research shows it’s not too far from the mouth of the rappahannock river. How is the shore fishing? Any intel would be greatly appreciated!

I do. Shore fishing is going to be tough in that area, definitely take the kayak along. You can launch at Windmill Point, Chesapeake Boat Basin (in Kilmarnock), the small ramp on Antipoison creek, or the Irvington public ramp. The Corrotoman would also be a good bet, but you'll have to drive a big circle around the river to get to the only put-in at Yankee Point Marina. There are also a couple ramps on the South side of the Rapp at Urbanna creek and Mill Creek. Stamper's Bay landing on the Piankatank river is another option that isn't too far. Windmill, Urbanna Creek, Mill Creek and Stamper's Bay are free, the rest will charge a launch fee.

In November I would focus on creeks and smaller rivers rather than the main body of the Rapp. There will be stripers, specks, reds, and perch in all of these locations.
    Last edited by inthegrass; 10-03-2023, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
      X