Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone fishing for large bluefish on the DE or MD coast now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone fishing for large bluefish on the DE or MD coast now?

In May 2015, I caught 8 bluefish trolling from my kayak near Cape Henlopen. They ranged in size from 32" to 39".

In May 2017, bluefish showed up in Isle of Wight Bay next to Ocean City. A friend and I caught blues in the upper 20s all morning until our arms ached.

I have not been back to the DE or MD coast to try for bluefish since then. If any Snaggedline member knows of places where large bluefish can be targeted by kayak and is willing to share that intel, please let me know. You can post here or send me a private message. Thank you.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Pm sent
    Brian

Comment

I can't speak to Delaware or Maryland, but they are thick in Rudee Inlet in Virginia right now. I was there Sunday-Tuesday and you could see them on the surface chasing bait. The weird thing was that they weren't aggressively feeding like blues normally do. Everyone was slow trolling for hours to hook into a single big one. I hooked a nice chopper on a Zman but he spit the hook once I get him near the kayak. I think there was so much bait stacked up in the creek that they were stuffed to the gills. Caught plenty of tailors, though.

Comment

Working...
      X