Potential changes to Tucker St ramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential changes to Tucker St ramp

John Rentch and I launched from the Tucker St ramp in West Annapolis this morning. We fished for several hours and then watched the remarkable Blue Angels show while anchored at the mouth of Weems Creek at 2:00. As I drove up to the ramp this morning, I noticed a new sign that provided notice of a public hearing to discuss possible renovations and expansions to this facility. For me, Tucker St has been a wonderful place to launch a kayak. These proposed renovations would probably make the facility easier for power boats to launch. Parking is very limited near the ramp. Any additional vehicles, particularly those with trailers, would strain the already meager parking options.

IMGP0001.jpg

On the fishing side, I caught my first Severn white perch of the year. It was not large, but hopefully it is the first of many to come. It bit my trusty Bignose spinner tossed to a shallow, shaded spot.

IMGP0002.jpg

John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

I wonder along with the proposed improvements, will they now charge for launching?
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
      I wonder along with the proposed improvements, will they now charge for launching?
      That's what happened at Beverly Triton. They added a nice new gatehouse, parking lot, bathhouse, hiking trails, playground, and other facilities. Admission continued to be free for the first year after the renovations, now you have to pay $6 to get in or buy a yearly pass.
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

This evening I participated in the public hearing concerning revisions at the Tucker St launch. The City of Annapolis wanted to do the revisions, and the local neighbors opposed them.

The final vote was 2 to 1 against making the proposed revisions. For now, at least, the Tucker St launch will remain as is.

John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
        X