new around hear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new around hear

hi all im Dave ive bin lurking on your forums for a few months now. i just started yack fishing this year and am looking forward to meeting new fishing buddy's.

anyways i went out mattawoman creek Sunday 5/6 i launched up stream at Hawthorne rd around 7:30. I started fishing with soft plastic jerk-bait but was having trouble getting a good hook set. After missing some nice hits i switched to a red 1/4oz. spinner bait (in pic). after about 10 minuets i had my first fish on a 31.5in 9lbs 14oz snake head. then i headed further down stream fishing in the lily pads. where i lost count of how many bass i caught. i also caught 2 more snaked heads but one got away when i went to execute him.
    Attached Files

nice!!
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Nice going. That is a large snakehead.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

If you launch upstream @ 225 is it a straight shot all the way through or do you have to get out and walk through areas?

I live like 5 minutes away from the 225 bridge and the same distance from mattingly park. Just trying to figure out which place would be easier to get in and out of.
        Jeff B
        Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Very nice Snakehead.
          2012 Hobie Revo 13'
          2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Welcome, and great Job! That is one thing that I like about this forum, is that everyone here are willing to share in lures and techniques that are successful in making a day of fishing a success. Thanks again for the pics on the lure. I still have yet to catch my first snakehead.
            Last edited by moc; 05-09-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Nice catch, thats a monster snakehead...

Welcome to the addiciton

Comment

...... (imagine the thumbs up smiley here) ....... great job ...... now bring them to the meet and greet on Sat ........

Comment

Originally posted by beerums View Post
                  If you launch upstream @ 225 is it a straight shot all the way through or do you have to get out and walk through areas?

I live like 5 minutes away from the 225 bridge and the same distance from mattingly park. Just trying to figure out which place would be easier to get in and out of.
                  It is a straight shot at high tide comeing back on low tide it was a lilbit shallow is some spots but i dident have to get out.

I wont beable to make the M&G this month im stuck working that saturday

Comment

nice work!

Comment

Working...
                    X