bowers beach black drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bowers beach black drum

Going on a charter tomorrow from 3pm to 9pm leaving from bowers to try for black drum gonna bring the yak wifh me and maybe try to fish roosevelt inlet or the inlet/channels around bowers when i get off the boat. Was gonna bring some surf clam and see how it goes does anybody have any knowledge of this area or bettr ideas? Id love to get a black drum from the yak but not sure exactly how far out what at all i should try to focus on thanks in advance fellas any info is much appreciated
    Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

The coral beds are an easy paddle out. This area is a good area for black drum. Get a chart and they can be easily located between broadkill and bowers.

Comment

Originally posted by DEkayakstriper View Post
      The coral beds are an easy paddle out. This area is a good area for black drum. Get a chart and they can be easily located between broadkill and bowers.
      Awesome thanks man! Any chance youd like to join me? Not sure of your location but your name suggests you could be close by that area?

Comment

Thanks for the invite but I have to work tomorrow might give it a shot next week.

Comment

Try peeler crabs too. They are definitely working off the beach for Drum.

Comment

Originally posted by MTDluvsFishin View Post
            Try peeler crabs too. They are definitely working off the beach for Drum.
            Cool, will do depending on how our luck is I'd be interested in taking a few more trips up this spring I never really fish up there I always go sough for some reason..

Comment

Has anyone ever launched at fowler beach? Paddle seems shorter to the gps coordinates i found if i got the corect ones that is

Comment

That is the spot. Some guys on another forum launched from their and is a pretty easy launch. You might deal with trekking accross some mud at low tide.

Comment

Originally posted by DEkayakstriper View Post
                  That is the spot. Some guys on another forum launched from their and is a pretty easy launch. You might deal with trekking accross some mud at low tide.
                  Awesome thanks again everyone for the info, hopefully ill have a good report from the boay amd the yak!

Comment

Going to make a last minute decision tonight about going to the Roosevelt Inlet tomorrow morning. Would like to see if togs hang there. Will try for flounder and stripers too. Hmmm....may try for black drum now that you mentioned it. After all, RI is a few miles south of Bowers.

If it's slow, I may then work the canal. Wx is looking mostly sunny and high 60s, but winds are NW 15-20 mph. I hope the inlet is still fishable in those winds.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I have fished the bowers inlet a couple times at high tide with zero luck...partly due to lack or knowledge but honestly the water there just kinda sucks...very shallow and muddy most places, no structure that I knew of. Perhaps if you can get off shore somewhere in that chater. Let me know where you found the coral bed gps coordinates near slaughter, might try that

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                        Going to make a last minute decision tonight about going to the Roosevelt Inlet tomorrow morning. Would like to see if togs hang there. Will try for flounder and stripers too. Hmmm....may try for black drum now that you mentioned it. After all, RI is a few miles south of Bowers.

If it's slow, I may then work the canal. Wx is looking mostly sunny and high 60s, but winds are NW 15-20 mph. I hope the inlet is still fishable in those winds.
                        Yeah ive heard good things about ri as well never been though ill be there tomorrow night after nineish ill be off the boat, would you maybe wanna fish somewhere around that area? I'm pretty set on trying for drum at the coral beds from the fowler launch unless we get the skunk on the boat but id rather fish with someone else if possible so id be down for a change of plans if you had any suggestions you'd know better than I would for sure only so much info one can get on the good ol' internet haha

Comment

I usually plan to be off the water by 4 or 5 pm so that I can drive 3 hours toward home in daylight. I do plan to fish there again within two weeks.
                          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                            I usually plan to be off the water by 4 or 5 pm so that I can drive 3 hours toward home in daylight. I do plan to fish there again within two weeks.
                            Shoot sorry I just thought maube you lived nearby, no worries get up with me if youre ever in of or go up that way maybe we can get some fish!

Comment

Working...
                            X