Friday fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday fishing

I am planning an exploratory trip this afternoon to a new spot (for me) to check out a creek that looks pretty fishy and has had a lot of Gene Mueller ink over the past few years with nice catches of snakeheads and big bass- going to launch at Friendship Landing around one pm and fish until dead low tide this evening- Mann's Baby minus one- chatterbaits, weightless flukes, spinner baits and frogs will all get a good workout- I always take my Ultra Light Pflueger Supreme/Fish Eagle 6 ft combo with me fresh water fishing- and usually that is what I end up using 95% of the time- It is a blast to get a big fish on 6# test- if it is slow this afternoon, I plan to find some deep holes and anchor up with bunker on a fish finder rig and see how big the Blue Cats grow there-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Good luck. I'm headed to Jonas Green in a few. I think I've given up on turkeys...

Comment

Good luck guys! I hit a local stream this morning for some trout action and had a good time catching and releasing 7 rainbow trout and 1 brown trout 11-13 inches.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
        Good luck guys! I hit a local stream this morning for some trout action and had a good time catching and releasing 7 rainbow trout and 1 brown trout 11-13 inches.
        Way to go Ryan. We certainly are fortunate to have some many different ways to fish and species to catch in our region. As much as Maryland anglers like to gripe about better fishing in the "good old days", we still have plenty of opportunities.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Have fun exploring the new territory.

Went this morning for snakeheads with mytmouse on the Anacostia (pier fishing). No luck. Saw some topwater splashes...had one follow my lure. That was about it.
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

A few smallish perch around some docks at Jonas Green. And my first croaker of the year, a 5-incher! Winds sorta picked up some I headed in.

On another note, it's apparent this was my first outing of the year...

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
              Way to go Ryan. We certainly are fortunate to have some many different ways to fish and species to catch in our region. As much as Maryland anglers like to gripe about better fishing in the "good old days", we still have plenty of opportunities.
              Agreed, my only gripe is that I wish I had more time to utilize more great fishing opportunities in MD!
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by bdwilliams View Post
                A few smallish perch around some docks at Jonas Green. And my first croaker of the year, a 5-incher! Winds sorta picked up some I headed in.

On another note, it's apparent this was my first outing of the year...
                Glad to hear some perch are around JG already. I'm hoping to get out there before the end of the month for some perch and crabs.
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

One of the guy's at Angler's mentioned that croaker were being caught as well. I didn't get into any really (aside from the juvie) but I didn't fish long or get out into the channel. It was kinda windy, my drifts were super fast, and I'm too outta shape to deal with it. lol.

Comment

I also got out for a nice day of rainbow trout fishing. 1st fish was a nice 16"er. The next 4 filled out my limit and were average in size. Awesome day to be out.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                    Kokatat Pro Staff
                    Torqeedo Pro Staff
                    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                    Alan

Comment

Had a fun afternoon- launched at 2:15 p.m. at Nanjemoy creek - breezy and the wind made it hard to hold position for casting lures into the shallows- caught lots of fish- could not keep the white perch off the lures- I caught a dozen- my biggest was 11 inches- Cut one in half and dropped it in a deep hole- bang- 24 inch blue cat- then another about the same- decided I didn't want to catch a mess of blue cats so I pulled up the anchor and went back to casting lures- six small bass- a yellow perch and a big blue catfish- the tide was ebbing and I was tired so I called it a day and headed in- all in all a pretty good day-
                      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 05-12-2012, 08:20 AM.
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                        Had a fun afternoon- launched at 2:15 p.m. at Nanjemoy creek - breezy and the wind made it hard to hold position for casting lures into the shallows- caught lots of fish- could not keep the white perch off the lures- I caught a dozen- my biggest was 11 inches- Cut one in half and dropped it in a deep hole- bang- 24 inch blue cat- then another about the same- decided I didn't want to catch a mess of blue cats so I pulled up the anchor and went back to casting lures- six small bass- a yellow perch and a big blue catfish- the tide was ebbing and I was tired so I called it a day and headed in- all in all a pretty good day-
                        Ron -

That's a pretty impressive day. Nice going.
                        John Veil
                        Annapolis
                        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice I had a sweet friday too... report coming soon!!

Comment

Working...
                          X