A big fat oops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdfishin View Post
    come on guys, the rules are not that complicated. Dnr has made it as easy as possible with the maps dated for the different seasons. If you cant figure it out you should probably be spending your free time learning instead of fishing. These regs are in place because as you all know the striped bass was at all low in the 80's without these regs they would be over fished. Spend a few minutes getting to know the laws, it helps everybody out! And i am by no means and advocate of the dnr but they get an extremely bad rap. After all they are only trying to protect the resources we all cherish!
    wtf???
    Last edited by nay_sayer; 05-18-2012, 08:53 AM. Reason: Trying to be a nicer person :D

Comment

Naysayer that wasnt directed at you, I know you read the maps and made a mistake. I was directing that towards the people complaining about the regulations. DNR tries to make it as simple as possible. I should have taken a breath before posting because this topic gets me heated. When people complain about fishing regulations its completely counter-productive.
      -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
      -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
        Naysayer that wasnt directed at you, I know you read the maps and made a mistake. I was directing that towards the people complaining about the regulations. DNR tries to make it as simple as possible. I should have taken a breath before posting because this topic gets me heated. When people complain about fishing regulations its completely counter-productive.
        Ok, I'm glad I took the breather and edited my post . I get heated about a few topics myself

Comment

Yeah I came across as a d**k, I apologize.
          Last edited by MDFishin; 05-18-2012, 04:55 PM. Reason: grammar
          -Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
          -Heritage FeatherLite 12

Comment

Originally posted by MDFishin View Post
            Yeah I came across as a d**k, I apologize.
            Apology accepted, no biggie. I did the same thing on here a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

MDFishin, can you please explain the difference between if I was to going fishing on the Potomac with a Alabama rig and catching a limit of fish in one cast, verses catching limit of fish in five cast with any other type of lure; there is on difference.
              That leads to my previous posting regarding ridiculous rules that are on the books regarding fishing. I am not catching any more fish and doing something harmful to the fishing environment if I was to be using a Alabama rig fishing, however, your beloved Mayrland DNR agents have stated that they will go ruthlessly after people who use a Alabama rig fishing on the Potomac river, hence they plan on targeting people for a silly rule. And no I am not planning on violating the law when I am fishing on the MD side of the Potomac. But I am planning on using the rig on the VA side of the Occoquan this year, and I dare the MD police to try to do go after me on the VA side with their BS. The bottom line up front about this is that again there are rules being put in place that are not warranted, at limit of fish is a limit of fish regardless of how you catch them; especially if you are really only doing CPR of all the fish you catch on your favorite (beloved) body of water.
              US Army (Retired)

Hobie Pro Angler 14 & Outback

Comment

Working...
              X