GoPro Memory Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro Memory Card

What size memory card do you use in your GoPro? I am getting ready to start using my GoPro on the kayak and want an appropriate memory card. Thanks.

the latest hero? go for it and get the 32G cl 10, about $30 on amazon. i just got a different camera (Nikon coolpix AW100) but with similar memory demands - shoots 1080p.

i would go higher if i could to avoid pita of running out of memory. as it is, i have a 2nd card, 16G as a backup. that's what i used in previous camera. it shot 720p i think and i used up memory a couple times, but not usually. had to change batteries to accomplish filling card but that brings me another topic - might as well get an extra battery or 2. there's a wide range of prices available. i went very cheap and seems ok.

you might do ok with 16G as i did but there's little reason to.

i have question regarding hero2 - if you start filming 1080p, how long can it continuously film? till card fills, or 4G file size/29mins? i tried to look thru their online documentation and could not find the answer.

Comment

I use a Sandisk 32 GB class 8 memory card in my GoPro. It seems to have pretty good HD video capacity and good quality videos. I haven't let it run continuously yet for over 15 minutes so not sure how much footage it can record continuously.
      Shane
      Hobie Outback

Comment

not sure, but i think the cl rating is mostly an all or nothing situation; meaning if it's not fast enough, the video will terminate prematurely. not sure what the gopro spec is. but mine calls for cl 6 minimum. the cl 10 card was what was available in a quick search. i don't think the faster cl rating helps me, but really couldn't say for sure. anything can go on in software.

Comment

I have a 16 GB PNY memory card for my Go Pro. So far no problems. I have not filled it up yet, but I would like to get a 32 gb card as I use it more. I only worry about how long will the default battery last, since it may run out before I can fill up my memory card.

Comment

I have a 32GB, class 6 card. The camera says to use class 4 or higher. I was just wondering if 32GB would be sufficient. The answers here resolved that question. Thanks.

Comment

I have a 16GB class 10 and if you turn down res to middle selection i get about 6 hrs of video. So far no fish but i am definitely competing with Bill Dance for funniest moments.
              Malibu Stealth 14
              Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

^ do you have the battery pack for the go pro? I'll be lucky if i get 3 hrs on the go pro battery. I bought 2 extra batteries and a charger on amazon for $25. If my battery dies ill just swap them out.

i use a 32gb class 10 sd card. i dont worry about running out of space anymore.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                  ^ do you have the battery pack for the go pro? I'll be lucky if i get 3 hrs on the go pro battery. I bought 2 extra batteries and a charger on amazon for $25. If my battery dies ill just swap them out.

So far i havent run out of battery. I still need to play with it some more to see if i can video in non .mov mode. Last weekend i was out fishing and put to much air in my dolly tire and it exploded out on the water. Funny stuff. Thought someone took a shot at me.
                  Malibu Stealth 14
                  Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

I have 32G cards and they hold more then enough. Your battery will die before it fills up.
                    I've taken a couple new Hero2's out and shooting 1080 will kill your battery pretty fast. Getting back-ups is a great idea. Until then I set mine up to one button record mode to save some batt life between locations. When I get the motivation, I plan to shoot a pretty cool video with GoPro's. Hope it works out.
                    -Jon
                    Revo 13

Comment

I also got a few extra batteries. I also have a charger from Amazon. I'm using the Xshot camera mount for now to see how it works. The Xshot works well on a 1" Ram ball. I am glad the 32 GB card works well. The videos should be fun. I also have to go back and fully read the instruction manual.

It would have been great to have the tire thing on video.

I also am planning to purchase one of the remotes, when GoPro gets them to market.

Comment

yeah...ive been waiting for those remotes to come out. they were suppose to come out last month and now they pushed it back till summer. i hate reaching forward to turn on/off the gopro.
                        Hobie Revolution 13
                        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

yeah...ive been waiting for those remotes to come out. they were suppose to come out last month and now they pushed it back till summer. i hate reaching forward to turn on/off the gopro.
                          Ditto!

Comment

Working...
                          X