X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB or Sandy Point 5/19

Anyone going out in the morning?

Anything moving or being caught?
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

meeting up with a few others @ Susquehanna flats @ 530. BB & SP are in my near future though
    Dave
    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Where is everyone meeting? Havre DeGrace? I'd like to get out and give the Flats another day of fishing.
      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Millard Tydings park in Havre De Grace
        Dave
        2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Aren't the flats going to be really muddy?
          "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

I was at Sandy Point with my boat this morning. The wind was 10 to 12 knots coming out of the East/NorthEast and it was lively. I don't think you want to jig the pylons with that kind of wind.

I got skunked and I tried from just above the Magothy to just below Tolly point. Tried jigging, drifting, trolling, bottom fishing, bait fishing. Saw plenty on the meter but I couldn't get any if my live depended on it. There was a good bit of bait in the water so that could be the problem.

Regards,

John
            John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
            MK Endura Max 55 backup power
            Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Thurs evening.

BB winds were 10-15 2ft waves plus; it was a challenge and a blast; caught a 25 1/2" rock. Another guy in an aluminum mod John style bass boat (I wouldn't feel safe in that in such conditions) was reeling in one short fish after another on the northern span. I was fishing the southern span. The wind, waves, current was so strong I gave up trying to cast and went to verticle jigging when I hooked up. Yellow 2oz hair jig and pearl bass candy 6" trailer. Probably would have went to 2 1/2 oz if I had one. I was thinking about getting in 2-3 hours this evening or tomorrow evening about 6 p.m.
              2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

Did you anchor or just drift through the span? I didn't jig the bridge yesterday as I was alone and didn't want the pylons to get too familiar with my boat. I did some vertical jigging off of a couple of holes near Hacketts but, even though the fish where holding they wouldn't hit my jigs.

When I saw all the sailboats this morning, I knew it was going to be a bad day for yakking. I went to my gun club instead.

Glad you didn't get skunked,

John
                John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

No anchor

The waves were 20" pretty constant and 30+ in waves as ship traffic passed. The first 3 hours were the worst then it calmed a bit. I wouldn't anchor in those conditions as I've had bad results prior times. I have a PA and was on the pedals and rudder for the whole time zig zagging and circling the pilings. And yes the thought of getting bashed to bits crossed my mind.
                  2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

Good read on what's going on at the BB these days: http://www.chesapeakelighttackle.com...15/low-dee-oh/
                    Mike S.
                    Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Its pretty out here right now im up here at the blues fest pretty warm with light winds

Comment

Quick, run out to the jetty and wet a line! Maybe the music will bring 'em in. lol

John
                        John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Hello

Originally posted by Backwater View Post
                          Its pretty out here right now im up here at the blues fest pretty warm with light winds
                          I think we met at BP last night? Wish I had stopped out at SPSP to tonight. I saw the tents going up and it looked like a good time.
                          2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

Working...
                          X