Fishing Sunday Morning? 5/20/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Sunday Morning? 5/20/2012

I am debating on fishing somewhere that there is most likely to be some good pullage. Anyone going out? I was thinking Bladensburg for Snakeheads, but the report from some yakers were not encouraging. I was thinking of Mattawoman, but everyone was lalking about all those bass boats zooming around the river for the Bass competition. The Rhodes river had fish, but they had locked jaw. So where should I go. I need to be back home by 1:30pm.

Re: Mattawoman: FWIW, I was there Friday and there was not any excess of bass boaters. I believe the tournament started on Thursday, so it was in effect... so maybe they're not going into Mattawoman? In any case, caught about 40 fish with my dad (dozen WP, a keeper YP, severqal crappie, sunfish and... oh yeah, like 20 cats. All on Mepps and worms). Mattawoman = Guaranteed pullage right now.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Thanks Mike, I guess I should put Mattawoman back on the radar for a possible trip Sunday.

Has anyone heard if there are any keeper croakers at Romancoke or Bushwood?

Comment

Ok, Mike... decision is made. I will meet Don and Keith at Mattawoman Sunday morning. I plan on fishing until noon.

Comment

Tropical Storm Alberto is off shore the Carolinas with max winds near the center of circulation at 50 mph- supposed to move up our way but not until late- figure the winds will gradually build up as the sun goes down- fishing should be good until the weather starts to get bad- at least that has been my experience with tropical storm systems-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I was at mattawoman on friday, we only saw two bass boats from the FLW tour in the 6mph zone, other than that I didn't see any in the area.
            Jeff B
            Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Good luck guys!
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

St. Jeromes Creek

I am launching later this morning from St. Jeromes Creek for a few hours of fishing. Buzz's Marina is located on the creek at Ridge, MD. I'll let you know how I do tonight with some pictures and a report. You are welcome to join me if you don't already have plans.

Comment

it was extremely windy and rough- I stayed wet from the time I launched until I took it out. The only way I could have gotten any wetter was to go swimming- If that was 12 gusting to 19, I have never seen it before! More like 20 gusting to 35 NE winds- ROUGH seas with chop going every which way. Glad to be home getting a hot shower- caught shorts, but it was too rough and wet to take pictures

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                    it was extremely windy and rough- I stayed wet from the time I launched until I took it out. The only way I could have gotten any wetter was to go swimming- If that was 12 gusting to 19, I have never seen it before! More like 20 gusting to 35 NE winds- ROUGH seas with chop going every which way. Glad to be home getting a hot shower- caught shorts, but it was too rough and wet to take pictures
                    Sorry to hear about the wind Ron. Sounds like we made a good choice going to Mattawoman, the weather was great. Plus no one was skunked. As always, Moc was on target. But no snakeheads were caught.
                    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Glad to hear you guys had decent weather and caught fish- you made the right choice-

Comment

Working...
                      X