PLO Friday afternoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLO Friday afternoon?

I've got an opportunity to do some fishing this Friday afternoon (5/25), and I was thinking of hitting Point Lookout for some croakers. Is anyone interested in meeting up? I'm also open to fishing other places if anyone has any different plans. I just want to catch some time on the water, and catch some fish.

The forecast at PLO right now is 20% chance of rain, with a chance of thunderstorms in the early afternoon. Winds are forecast to be around 12mph from the south. I have no idea what that translates to in terms of chops and how strong I'll be pushed around. Can anyone offer any advice on what those conditions might be like?
    Sun Fishin'

Check the wind speed and waves at the NOAA buoy by going to http://buoybay.noaa.gov/ and clicking on the lower Potomac buoy. It'll give the mean wave height and the significant wave height with is the top 30% biggest, I think. The wave can change with the current, though.

A south wind isn't as bad as a wind the runs up or down the river. I usually don't worry too much about until it starts getting up to 15kts, but I usually check the buoy before I go.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Thanks for the info, Dr. Bill. I'll be checking that site the next few days
      Sun Fishin'

Comment

I'll probably be out there all day friday maybe into Saturday morning if my plans to go to OC inlet falls through.
        The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Working...
        X