No announcement yet.

Aug 14 Meet & Greet - Gameplan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mister Twister 4'' sassy shads or some new bucktails would be great for me....
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Do some of you guys have walkie-talkies? If we each carried one of those and scanned the same channel we could keep each other posted fairly easily... post if you have a set... I have a set so I can lend my 2nd one to someone else to use...

Comment

Great point Matt. I have 3 but they are not waterproof, just resistant. So, I'd ask that whoever borrowed one to try to keep it dry and or not run over it with your car....

Comment

thats a good idea matt,i knew that college education would come in handy i was thinking of getting a set at BPS. trying to decide if i want walkie talkies or vhf.

Comment

I've traded cell #'s with a couple people and Bill (ictalurus on tidalfish) suggested we all trade numbers in case someone finds breakers or a hot bite so more people could get in on the action. Great idea! If you agree, PM me your numbers and I'll put together a wallet card to hand out on Saturday.

Great idea, very cool for scheduling and planning etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              Great point Matt. I have 3 but they are not waterproof, just resistant. So, I'd ask that whoever borrowed one to try to keep it dry and or not run over it with your car....
              HAHA low blow....but.... you'll let me borrow one right?
              www.anglerswithoutborders.com
              Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Excellent guys! We're putting together quite the flotilla! Guys in boats aren't going to know what to with us!

Received several more cell #'s and names. What about home #'s and email addresses? Shall I include those? If you agree send 'em on to me and I'll add to the wallet card.

I like the walkie talkie or VHF idea. I don't currently have either but a VHF would provide the NOAA weather channel as well as the Coast Guard or other boaters. That might be a better choice when out separately.

Comment

Haha sorry Kanvery, had to say it.

My midlands have NOAA stations and will broadcast whenever a severe alert comes out, aka small craft warning or storm coming. Problem I have had it figuring out which is the best station to listen to for the area I am in.

I'm planning on picking up a VHF at some point in the near future, but I doubt it will be before this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                    Haha sorry Kanvery, had to say it.

My midlands have NOAA stations and will broadcast whenever a severe alert comes out, aka small craft warning or storm coming. Problem I have had it figuring out which is the best station to listen to for the area I am in.

I'm planning on picking up a VHF at some point in the near future, but I doubt it will be before this weekend.
                    me either, just dont drop your phone in the drink, unless its insured

Comment

Regarding eligible grab bag winning fish, I suggest digital photos to count for those that might want to practice catch & release. I have fish in the freezer so don't really need to take any. I did a tournament earlier this year that encouraged C&R. They provided a "tag" that had to be in the picture to count. We can do that via the wallet card I will provide. Just photo the fish against a ruler, include the card and you're in!

What say the assembled?

Speaking of wallet card, if you haven't already, send along your cell, home, work numbers, name & email address (if you want all that included). I have a graphics guy at work to help me out so hopefully will come out nice...

Comment

Laminated would be a huge plus!!

Comment

Sitting at work today and rigging all my tackle for the weekend. I was wondering if anyone would like me to pick them up some bloodworms for them. I can get a dz @ $6.75. Just an idea if anyone is interested (PM me).

Is everyone's gameplan to try to live line for Rockfish? Just curious....

Thats what I'm gonna plan, and I'm also going to bring some trolling gear and maybe try to drag a drone and a red hose.

Any suggestions for trolling rods behind my seat and what the best bet would be for me being able to see a hit..Mirror? I only have one rod holder in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                            Sitting at work today and rigging all my tackle for the weekend. I was wondering if anyone would like me to pick them up some bloodworms for them. I can get a dz @ $6.75. Just an idea if anyone is interested (PM me).

Is everyone's gameplan to try to live line for Rockfish? Just curious....

Thats what I'm gonna plan, and I'm also going to bring some trolling gear and maybe try to drag a drone and a red hose.

Any suggestions for trolling rods behind my seat and what the best bet would be for me being able to see a hit..Mirror? I only have one rod holder in front of me.

Set the drag light with a clicker ........

Comment

I am planning to try LTJ. I have enough fish in the freezer so don't want to chance gut hooking any. Trolling perhaps as well...

As for bottom fishing, it's gulps & fishbites in bloodworm flavor for me. They seem to work just as well. No muss no fuss!

Comment

Yeah I'm all about the fishbites too..precut before your head out... makes everything a lot simpler.

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
                                I am planning to try LTJ. I have enough fish in the freezer so don't want to chance gut hooking any. Trolling perhaps as well...

As for bottom fishing, it's gulps & fishbites in bloodworm flavor for me. They seem to work just as well. No muss no fuss!

Comment

Working...
                                X