New guy here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here

New guy here. New to forum and kayak fishing. Bought a used OK prowler 13. Love it. I live in Joppa and was wondering who all is in the area. Never hurts to make some new fishing buddies!

I work 3-11:30 or later most nights m-f. Days are usually free and can be with proper planning. I'd like to learn the gunpowder and other places. New to fishing in md, but not new to fishing. Looking to fish with someone and learn some new places.

Thanks.

Welcome

I'm new to saltwater but would love to fish with you sometime. This weekend being a holiday is a mess and I go to FL June 3-19. After that lets hit the water.
    2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

welcome! heading to romancoke in the morning come on down if you want

Comment

Where is romancoke at? I've seen it mentioned on here a few times.

Comment

Welcome. Romancoke is on Kent Island. As soon as you get off the Bay Bridge take first exit rt 8. Take road to the end. Dead ends at the parking lot. If you go stop at Anglers prior to BB and get a Queenannes parking pass. $35 cash good until the end of the year.
          Some guys are meeting at Anglers around 0515-0530.
          Don
          2012 Hobie Revo 13'
          2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

I have primarily fished freshwater here in Md. Anything as far tackle, artificial baits, live baits, and whatever else you could recommend? I was born and raised in Texas on the Gulf Coast. Love fishing saltwater. Just a different group of fish up this way. I've got rod n reels that can handle typical fish from the bay. Types of lures, hooks, baits, rigs... You get the point.

Any advice is always appreciated. And thanks for the welcoming. Looks like a nice active forum, with people who like fishing from kayaks, and not afraid to help out with advice.

Comment

If you want to join us, bing blood worms, raw shrimp, and maybe peeler crabs. Light tackle is all you need. You can get everything at Anglers Sport Center. They are one of the Chesapeak Bay Kayak Anglers Tournament for charity on the Bay on Sept 7-9th. You can get more information on the fun tournament at www.cbkainc.com

Number 4 and number 1 hook sizes seem popular for perch and croakers. Your weights can be anywhere from 1 ounce to 3 ounce depending on the currents. Use a top / bottom rig to attach your hooks and weight. You can also use a fish finder rig.

Good luck.

For Romancoke, you can buy a day pass for $10. You can buy it at a machine at the pier, but the last time I tried to use it , it was broken and I got a ticket for parkig my car there. The $35 pass (cash) is a better deal. You can use ALL of the county ramps on Kent Island and the surroundings in Queen Anne County. If you go 3 or 4 times for the YEAR, then it is worth it. The pass gives you access to ramps openned to great areas to Kayak Crab, in addition to fishing.
              Last edited by moc; 05-25-2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Url

http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/boating/...eenAnnes15.pdf
                2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

Better URL

I'm new to the saltwater here also, I found this site after referrals from the very helpful members of this forum, next button at bottom of page will show you all the ramps/launches the pass is good for. What I like is that unlike MD the launches are 24/7 365.

http://www.parksnrec.org/landings-a-...oke-piers.html
                  2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

Working...
                  X