Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the best time for going out.......high tide or low tide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the best time for going out.......high tide or low tide?

I'm planning my first outing and I'm wondering what's the safest conditions and successful conditions I should looking for?

Where are you launching from?

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Annapolis area....Jonas green.....spsp, romancoke, Kent island......I'm interested in rock fish, croaker and spot....or whatever i can catch.

Comment

Ryker,
        For the first outing , you may go to Jonas Green for striper and WP. Don’t forget the cart. Generally strong current is good for the striper fishing. But you need the local knowledge. Use the thread you started on the main forum (Just got my hobie outback....!), launch with other kayak anglers. The place is pretty safe and you will catch some WP definitely on either side of the Severn River. I wouldn’t try too many things on the first day and wouldn’t carry more than 2 rods. You will have fun in Severn River.
        Once you get together with the anglers they will answer all you questions about your waters.

I would strongly suggest you leash your rods. I am Homer Simpson on a kayak. Hopefully you aren’t. Here is the video showing very inexpensive rod leash. You may use elastic band under $2.00 at Wall-mart temporarily if you can find the bungee cord immediately. I also use the bungee cord for paddle leash:

I think WP are in. Here is the WP video on July 2nd last year. I am sure you will have fun catching WP - meaning "no skunk on the first day" We use short rods for dock fishing:

Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
        X