Blue Proof Plastics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Proof Plastics?

Hey guys, which company makes plastics that hold up to the chompers of Blue's? I have read that they exist but didn't get any models. I don't wanna offer my BKD's unnecessarily! LOL

Thanks!
    MYT

ElaZtech is the soft plastic. Z-Man has a huge lineup of softbaits using it. I think Zoom may have a Bass Assasin look-alike with it as well. I will say that I don't consider ANYTHING to be Bluefish-Proof. I have had them destroy hardbaits.

Remember-we don't own any tackle, we're just borrowing it until the fish gods take it away.

Comment

Thanks Nay_Sayer! I know they won't last forever... but I would hate to lose a lure every other cast! LOL If this can get me to every 10 or so I might be happy! LOL I'm gonna check it out.

Comment

z-mans FTW!
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

If you're going after blues, why not use metal?
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Zmans... but they are weird to hook. I switched to a spoon at jbay after the blues tore through some of my jigs. They tore it up too. Bucktails and pork rinds are probably a better bet.
            Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
              If you're going after blues, why not use metal?
              I'm not... I am targeting Stripers, but when the Blues are in thick they always make a snack out of my plastics...

Redfish, I read John Skinner's book and picked up some pork rind... guess I will give it a shot too!

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                I'm not... I am targeting Stripers, but when the Blues are in thick they always make a snack out of my plastics...

Redfish, I read John Skinner's book and picked up some pork rind... guess I will give it a shot too!
                You could cover the plastic with a skirt of steel mesh.....lol.....
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Uncle Josh's dont leave home with out it. you can barley get a hook in it

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                    Uncle Josh's dont leave home with out it. you can barley get a hook in it
                    That's what I got! Man i wanted to use a strip and Jbay and low and behold I couldn't even get the hook through it! LOL

Comment

Zman

If you have trouble keeping Zman plastics on, try putting some superglue on the back side of the jig head. They are hard to keep from sliding back without the glue.

Comment

Working...
                      X