Tackle Cove Lite Tackle Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tackle Cove Lite Tackle Series

Anyone own one of these rods? I was pretty impressed with them over the weekend for the price and I was curious if any members are using them. The 6'0 jigging rod and flounder rod appealed to me most. Joe at Shore Tackle said they are made on a Lamiglass blank.

http://www.tacklecoveshop.com/c-277-...ckle-rods.aspx
    Used to fish more.

I haven't tried or seen it, but it looks good. I'm thinking it might be a good option instead of a Trevala S, especially when you consider the price. I'm wondering how it'll do as a tog rod.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Sounds nice but on the light side. Most of the rods I've seen for LTJ were fast action and higher lureweight ......... 3/4 oz for a BA seems light without seeing it. Also ....... general rule is a minimum of 1 guide for each foot +1. There 6 ft has 6 guides and 6'6" has 7 ....... usually that's light on the guides ....... but again .... I haven't seen them ........

Comment

Completely different than a trevala s... I was thinking more for a LTJ spinning stick. I prefer conventionals but after after fishing the bridge on Saturday in all that wind, I'd like to have a decent spinning rod as back up. The flounder rod was too light for tog too, seemed great for flounder and live-lining. Both seemed adequate in power for the fishing they are intended for. 3/4 to 1oz is my most used weight.

I had a custom tog stick made recently from one of Rick's live bait blanks. I took about 2' off the butt and had it spiral wrapped. It barely flexes at 4 oz, has a soft tip, and a ton of backbone. It's short, which is something I wanted for when you're really up against the structure.
        Used to fish more.

Comment

Working...
        X