Evening/night trip to Herring Bay tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening/night trip to Herring Bay tonight

I'm heading out to Herring Bay this evening for some WP and hopefully some stripers and croakers. Anybody want to join in the fun? Figure I'll launch around 7 or 8 from Rose Haven Memorial Park. Nights are great out there and the perch action is usually non-stop.

Anyone? Echo, Echo, Echo

Comment

We're all tuckered out from PLO ...LOL sorry. BTW I really hope to make it June 30.
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Nay Sayer, how did you do on the night trip? I launch sun morning at Rose Haven and fished til noon with nothing to show for it. Threw out 2 crab pots while fishing and thought I coulp pick a few up but another skunk. I would love to get down and do some night fishing sometime, I like Herring bay, nice back in there.

Comment

I never made it out. Sorry about the skunk, what were you using for bait? Let me know when you want to take a night trip, I'll see if I can get out. I like it better at night there, it is very peaceful and there are usually more fish.

Comment

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
            I never made it out. Sorry about the skunk, what were you using for bait? Let me know when you want to take a night trip, I'll see if I can get out. I like it better at night there, it is very peaceful and there are usually more fish.
            I threw out beetlw spins, 1/8 oz jig heads with grubs and kastmasters in gold. I brought along some fresh clams but never bothered to hook em up. fished around the jetties leading into Herrington south and around the boat docks on the right as you launch. In hindsight should have headed around the point out onto that oyster bar in front. Thanks for getting back to me, I will definately hit you up as to when I can get out in the evening. Live in Oakton but kept a boat for years over at Harbor Cove marina and washed down many a crabcake from Happy Harbor, Calypso and Skippers. With little traffic, I can be there in an hour ten minutes.

Comment

Working...
            X