Croakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croakers

Hey guys, not much of a bay/saltwater guy (at least not yet), but wanted to do some croaker fishing soon. A friend of mine is currently down at PLO tearing them up, but thats about a 2 1/2 hr trip for me. I was wondering how far up the bay do they generally come and when. I've heard you can do well at the Chesapeake Beach area. Are they up that far yet? Do they come up past the Bay Bridge?

A friend of mine lives on the Magothy and told me that they are catching hardheads just outside the mouth of the river.
    Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
      A friend of mine lives on the Magothy and told me that they are catching hardheads just outside the mouth of the river.
      big craoker are being very slow moving north...BUT it is really good at PLO right now, would be worth the trip!
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I was fishing off of Jonas Green park today using fish bites and caught two small, 6 inch croakers.
        I also caught a mess of small WP. Nothing wanted to take my spinners today but they sure hit that fishbite.
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

larger croakers havent come up this far yet. talked to the headboat guys on KI and they are going into the chester river for wp. might be some in the mouth of the choptank. they should be in the BB area by now but i think the poop smell from the spills in the patapsco are turning them off

Comment

I drove over the bay bridge today and the water was brown

Comment

I fished the mouth of the Magothy River on Sunday from my boat and caught a ton of baby croaker. The fishing was fast and furious for nearly two hours but the biggest croaker was only about 5".
              Hobie PA 12

Comment

yeah no problem catching last years hatch. i switched to 2/0 c hooks with fbbws and the little suckers were still hitting coming up with hooks sticking out by their eyes. shrimp or bws forget it they will clean you out quick

Comment

Those little guys sure love the fish bites. With all the bait running around out there, at least the Blues will probably be big and fat by end of summer.
                  John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                  MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                  Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

i saw small mess of 1' croakers caught at solomons island last week.

Comment

Working...
                    X