Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with questions about reservoirs

Greetings All;

I anticipate buying a Hobie Pro Angler within the next month. I am particularly interested in fishing the reservoirs.

Tridelphia and Rocky Gorge have good websites. Do they ever sell out of seasonal permits?

Liberty and Loch Raven Reservoir have piss poor websites and information. Who do you get permits from and where do you get them? Do they sell out?

Has anyone ever fished on the three lakes near Bell Grove Road? If so, where do you park and put in?

Do you have any other suggestions for easy water trips? I live in Pasadena in northern Anne Arundel County.

I also have a condominium in Ocean City near the Delaware line. Any suggestions for good freshwater fishing in that area?

I am fifty-seven years old and not in the best of shape. I want to ease into this activity rather than jump into anything too strenuous or challenging at first.

Can't help much on reservios I have fished Bell Grove ponds. Thers no parking anywhere just have to pull off the road. Never fished it with a yak you wound need a light weight yak the trail is small and rough. Decent small mouth
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Baltimore Reservoirs: limited permits which require you to use your craft only in those bodies of water due to concerns about zebra mussels.
      Lake Roland in Baltimore County, just North of the City line is now under control of Baltimore County and is user friendly.
      Belle Grove Ponds: limited parking to the left of the American Legion Post on Belle Grove Rd. Short carry to the water. Water quality is questionable due to sewerage leaks upstream.
      WSSCC reservoirs: permits can be purchased at the Brighton Dam -Tridelphia Dam Headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
        Lake Roland in Baltimore County, just North of the City line is now under control of Baltimore County and is user friendly.
        Thanks Where do you launch for Lake Roland (street address)?

Comment

The entrance to Lake Roland is on Falls Rd, just north of Lake Ave. drive about 1/2 mile along the drive-Robert E. Lee park sign. There is plenty of parking and a rough put in about 100 yards past the dam.Human powered craft only-I was told by the ranger that my electric canoe was a no-go.

Comment

Working...
          X