Conowingo Reservoir/Broad Creek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conowingo Reservoir/Broad Creek?

Has anyone Yak fished north of the Conowingo Dam in the Susquhanna river? I haven't seen many reports online of people fishing it besides reports of it holding Bass (Striped Small and Large Mouths) Cat Fish, Walleye, Northern pike, and Musky.

Is this a decent Yak friendly place? I found a small ramp where it looks like a good place to launch but was wondering if it is worth the time to drive up there one day?
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

I've fished the discharges up there in the winter quite a few times by boat, but never from a kayak. I considered it once or twice this winter, but never went in the kayak. My catches up there have inclued many flathead catfish up to 25 lbs, channel catfish up to 8 lbs, a 15" Walleye, and a 15lb hybrid striper. I've also seen nice sized lg mouth and sm mouth caught up there but have not caught one myself. I've never fished up there in the summer, because from what I understand, fishing is better below the dam in summer. When I fished up there from a boat, we would launch from the peach bottom power plant launch ramp.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
    X