Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride 135 Angler Opinions

Hey guys,

Anyone have this kayak or used it at one point? Looking to rent one down Outer Banks this year instead of hauling mine. Local place that does free delivery and $100 for the week instead of dealing with hauling mine. Only fishing model they have.
    Dave
    2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Never owned or paddled a Ride 135 but I have talked to a couple people who have used them. I think the general consensus is that it is a wide stable yak, not the fastest but definately a capable fishing yak with a good layout.

Chimo

Comment

I have a 2012 Ride 135 and love it. Most stable boat i have fished.

Cons are that it is heavy and much slower then the hobies.

It handles very well in rough water also.

Meadeo
      2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

I have a 2012 Ride 135 as well. I really enjoy it. It is very stable, nice layout. Not as quick as some others I've had but I'm not racing either. Would be good for outer banks in my opinion.
        2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

The ride should be just fine and really stable, but why not take your yak? I doubt your MPG would drop too much with it on top.
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
            The ride should be just fine and really stable, but why not take your yak? I doubt your MPG would drop too much with it on top.
            More so for a convenience of not having to haul it for 7 hours and deal with the cleaning. Plus it will be good to have something a little more stable

Thanks for the insight everyone!
            Dave
            2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

Working...
            X