Anyone fishing the Severn tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fishing the Severn tomorrow?

I was planning to get some time on the water tomorrow. Anyone interested in joining?

What time are you thinking?
    Hobie PA 12

Comment

As early as 530 launch?....what's a good time for you?

Comment

Unfortunately, I only have about a 2 1/2 hour window to fish. 08:30-11:00. Let me know if you go, I'll look for you during that time. I will put in at Jonas Green and paddle over to fish College Creek. I've never fished there but it looks interesting.
        Hobie PA 12

Comment

Sounds great......I'll do some fishing for perch and croaker until u get out.

Comment

Aesiegel, thanks for the reply, I just noticed I posted on the wrong thread. Like I said, I may be able to make it tomorrow. I will PM you both my number.
            Cliff Williams
            Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Aesiegel and I fished near Jonas Green and up in College Creek from 8:30 to 11:00 this morning. We found plenty of perch and a few small stripers. At one point I began trolling a 3/8-oz jighead with a 4" Gulp swimming mullet along with two lighter spinner lures on other rods. The Gulp bait got hit in 3 ft of water by a 15"-16" rockfish. While I was winding that fish in, a second rod went down -- it proved to be a perch. Ed and I worked the same shoreline by casting but got only a few bites -- that area produced better through trolling than by casting today. Ed picked up one particularly large perch -- about 11" I think.

The river looks a lot better than it did a few weeks ago when it had an unhealthy brown color. The color now is pretty typical for this time of year. We saw loads of pods of peanut bunker all over the place.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice, that is definitely a healthy perch!!

Comment

I may be down there in the afternoon with my wife. I will not be kayaking until the weekend for Nay_Sayer's Fish Fry II/ Crab Feast.

I will just hangout at Jonas Green, showing her how to catch perchfrom shore....hopefully.

Comment

went to David Taylor and fished from the old sub pen. found some nice perch 50' out in front of the rip rap nice size and hungry for peeler also some stripers in the mix. bws only attracted baby croakers. action was so fast i had to stop fishing to eat my sammie!

Comment

I'm either going to Jonas Green or BB fora few hours in the morning. Once it gets scorching I'm hauling my behind home to the A/C
                      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Perch reports are sounding good out of the Severn. I wont be able to make the crab feast/fish fry due to needing to spend time with the wife before leaving for Reno for the week, but I think I've convinced her to go out with me on saturday for our first attempt at a tandem trip on the outback. We will be searchin for some perchin!
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                        X