Blue Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels

Did any body else get down town to see the Blue Angels I wanted to go out on my yak but had to work. Best seats in town got payed overtime to take theys. I took over 3 hundred pic's in 3 days.
    Attached Files
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Great pictures. I tried getting some shots from ft armistead but too far away. Really wanted some Pics. I have to make it a point to get some pix next year.
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

awesome pics! i saw them last year at the naval academy graduation. much better performance over water than at andrews imo.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow nice pics and memories. We went out yesterday to see if any of the big boats were still there but it's pretty much cleared out.
        2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

awesome pics!
          Cliff Williams
          Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I want to try and get to see them next year at naval graduation. I took kids to Andrews show this year and they asked to leave right as blue angels were about to start.
            2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Nice photos!

Last year I ended up taking the headboat trip outta Solomons on the same day of the airshow at PAX. Being on the water gives a great perspective
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Yo Metro,
                I actually did get down there in my yak! I will say it's somthing I'll remember for a long time. I got there around 2 and was planning on parking at the fisherman's park in Canton and putting in there. When I got there the place was packed to the gillls and it was blocked off. I parked blocks and blocks away on the street and called my wife, dissappointed, I told her I had to come home unless I wanted to be really stubborn and cart the kayak for what seemed like forever. I decided to be stubborn and just do it. I got the yak in the water, sail and all just in time to see the beginning of the show. Man it was awesome to be in the water with them flying right overhead. I've got some videos that I'll post when I get the chance. After the show, I sailed on into the inner harber at a nice 3.6 mph with a gentle breeze. When I peddled I could get it up to about 5.4 mph according to the gps which was a pretty nice clip. I got to see all the ships from the water without dealing with the crowds. Although there were tons of boats out there I felt pretty safe keeping by the shoreline...I guess I felt like a minnow and avoiding the open water was a good thing to do :-)

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

Nice pics.

We were there saturday and sunday.

Got there late saturday and just caught the end of the air show and decided to stay for the fireworks.
                  had some time to kill so went up in the harbour to check out the ships. I was surprised the harbour area wasnt more crowded. i guess we timed it right.

Sunday went out to see the full air show and it was awesome! we anchored by the marine terminal between the bridge and the blue cranes. started taking some pics but really couldnt see the lcd screen view finder and wound up taking alot of pics of blue sky ... lol. then started doing some short videos with my smart phone. wish i would have taken more because they turned out alot better than i thought they would. have alot of pics of the ships as well and if i ever get time to upload and edit them i'll post some.
                  2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                  2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                    Yo Metro,
                    I actually did get down there in my yak! I will say it's somthing I'll remember for a long time. I got there around 2 and was planning on parking at the fisherman's park in Canton and putting in there. When I got there the place was packed to the gillls and it was blocked off. I parked blocks and blocks away on the street and called my wife, dissappointed, I told her I had to come home unless I wanted to be really stubborn and cart the kayak for what seemed like forever. I decided to be stubborn and just do it. I got the yak in the water, sail and all just in time to see the beginning of the show. Man it was awesome to be in the water with them flying right overhead. I've got some videos that I'll post when I get the chance. After the show, I sailed on into the inner harber at a nice 3.6 mph with a gentle breeze. When I peddled I could get it up to about 5.4 mph according to the gps which was a pretty nice clip. I got to see all the ships from the water without dealing with the crowds. Although there were tons of boats out there I felt pretty safe keeping by the shoreline...I guess I felt like a minnow and avoiding the open water was a good thing to do :-)
                    Ha!! Thats tight! Cant wait to see the vids
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Yo Metro,
                      I'm jealous thats what I was planning to do when work got in the way.
                      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I was really surprised that I didn't run into any of you down there. Besides myself, there were only 2 others in kayaks that I saw.

Here's a couple of videos so you can see what you missed

http://youtu.be/5gWYEgMDGec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eO4E_QetMc

I still cant figure out how to embed the video on this page.
                        Last edited by Yak Fish; 06-22-2012, 01:04 AM.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                        Alan

Comment

I was really surprised that I didn't run into any of you down there. Besides myself, there were only 2 others in kayaks that I saw.

Here's a couple of videos so you can see what you missed

http://youtu.be/5gWYEgMDGec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eO4E_QetMc

I still cant figure out how to embed the video on this page.
                          I was out of town for work and kept hearing about it; wish I could have been there thanks for the vids.
                          2010 Hobie ProAngler

Comment

Working...
                          X