Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Greetings, everyone. I am inviting you to visit my blog; Chesapeake Fish and Beer. I started it last fall, but work got busy and it fell by the wayside. I have recently committed to posting very regularly. As you have probably figured out by the name, my favorite pastimes are fish (catching, cooking and eating) and beer (brewing, drinking and talking). I welcome any questions or suggestions.

Mike (Redyak)
    Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Cool man, I'll add you to my blog list.. Check out mine www.thehobielife.blogspot.com

Comment

Awesome. I really appreciate it. I will add you to mine as well.
      Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Comment

Welcome Mike... I'm new around here but have seen your blog before. Nice job! I'm also a home brewer and love checking out new and interesting brews. I just got my first kayak so I don't have too much to share in that area yet but if last Saturday is any indication, I'm going to really enjoy this a lot. I have too many hobbies but I think this one is a pastime I can do close to home and after the initial investment should not be as expensive as others I have had in the past.
        Don Haller
        Chesapeake Beach, MD
        Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
        – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'll add my welcome too. Those are two things near and dear to my heart: fishing and beer!

It appears the we have quite a few home brewers on the forum. I think we should add a new facet to the meet and greets -- beer tastings. Just a thought!

Ed
          Hobie PA 12

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post
            I'll add my welcome too. Those are two things near and dear to my heart: fishing and beer!

It appears the we have quite a few home brewers on the forum. I think we should add a new facet to the meet and greets -- beer tastings. Just a thought!

Ed

+1 We should definitly get all of the home brewers together.
            Cliff Williams
            Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Home brewer here as well and also new to the kayak fishing sport! Unfortunately, I am just about finished with the last three batches I did so it's almost time to brew up another batch! Welcome aboard!
              Jeff B
              Perception Sport 12.5 Caster

Comment

Great blog. I enjoy reading about beer almost as much as fishing.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Cool hobby- I can't dedicate any time to any additional interests- barely have time to fish, much less go groundhog hunting, gardening, reloading, trap and skeet shooting...between work and family it is tough to shoehorn in anything that isn't a group activity-
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Aesiegel View Post

Ed
                    +2 I'm not a home brewer but I am most certainly a beer lover. I can attest to the quality of Biggrizzly's beer. He brought a couple of growlers to our fish fry/crab feast last Saturday, VERY tasty I must say.

Comment

Welcome aboard ........... special welcome to Home Brewers .........

Not an expert but I can Brew some Salty Dog Lager ...........

(From an old post ........

04-25-2011, 10:48 PM #8 Memory Maker
                      View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message

1,000 Post Club Join Date:May 2010
                      Before I got these waders with the fly I used to store the recycled beer in the right leg of my wader .............. would sell it to parched fishermen on the bay as my personal homebrew .......... called it Salty Dog Lager ........... served it REAL cold ......... lot of guys liked and wanted to know my recipe ......... they didn't like it much if it got warm though ........ )

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'll try to keep it interesting.
                        Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Comment

Working...
                        X