No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone

Someone pointed to me this site so here I am. I recently bought a kayak(3 weeks ago) and have tried to fish/crab since. So I am still very new to this and it's much more enjoyable than shore fishing for sure. I also bought a kid's kayak for my daughter(9) and she loves going fishing with me. So far, we have tried a only a few places. I also bought a Garmin 150 FF. Do you know of anyone who can do install on kayak(Potomac Tidewater 100) for a FF? I am having a hard time doing it and be willing to pay for the time.

Hope to be able to meet you guys in the near future as I love fishing and need to learn a lot from the vets in here

Thanks
    David
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you should enjoy kayak fishing. As far as installing FF I was struggling with different mounting options and finally settled on the "wet well" method. I haven't had a problem since. It is very simple to install. Try doing a search on the topic. I'm at work but can try to find the link when I get home.
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Welcome. It's defiantly an addiction. Hook up with a few guys see what they have. I have use the goop on 3 yaks with no problem. Where are you from and what water do you fish...
      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will see how "wet well" is.

From Vienna, VA and have fished the Potomac(off Fletcher), Belmont Bay(off Mason Neck) and Severn(Off Jonas). Also fish local lakes and ponds in VA so far.

Comment

Welcome to the site.
            Cliff Williams
            Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Welcome aboard. I didn't realize there was a launch at Mason Neck. Is a cart required?
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                Welcome aboard. I didn't realize there was a launch at Mason Neck. Is a cart required?
                You dont' need one.

Comment

Working...
                X