Is anyone going out on Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone going out on Sunday?

After all my yakking about getting a yak (pun intended), hopefully I will be afloat by Sunday. I am picking up my Pro Angler Friday morning in Salisbury, and hopefully will have the depth finder installed on Friday as well. A wedding commitment on Saturday ruins that entire day for both me and the groom. I bought an older used boat trailer since the kayak is too heavy and I am too old and weak to get it on top of the vehicle. I got the inspection done today and hopefully will have the tags this afternoon.

That said, is anyone going out anywhere near Anne Arundel County. I would prefer to stay off of the Bay proper for my first trip. If anyone is going, I could also use some tips for rigging and date. I have sporadically fished for everything from perch to shark and tuna but have not done any enough to have developed any kind of expertise. This is take a rookie by the hand week!! Shoot me a message and give me your phone number or I will send mine to you.

Thanks all. Tightlines and go Ravens

Where we put in last weekend at Herring Bay is not too bad for a first venture. It was my first time out with my new yak and we both survived. Otherwise you might try the Severn but I think you could have just as much wind and waves at the lower Severn as in Herring Bay area. I'm not sure if I will be able to get out this weekend but I'm trying to arrange for one day this weekend to get out on the water.
    Don Haller
    Chesapeake Beach, MD
    Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So far I am off work on Sunday. I would say the South River would be a good place, but the weather is calling for a SW wind at 9mph. Generally, any wind from the South is not good on the river, particularly if it is over 5mph. You should be ok on the Severn, the wind will be blowing across the river, not much time to build waves. Of course you will need to get an early start, due to boat traffic.

Good Luck.

Comment

im probably going out from the navy marina on the severn sunday, they have a ramp and trailer parking not a problem. going early to beat the heat

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          im probably going out from the navy marina on the severn sunday, they have a ramp and trailer parking not a problem. going early to beat the heat
          Where is the marina and is it open to the public?

Comment

no not open to public but i can get you in

Comment

Surfdog. I sent you a private message concerning Sunday.

Comment

Working...
              X